Lotus Elan

Elan Sprint Steering Wheel *** Prov' Sold ***

PostPost by: Fredtech » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:54 pm

****** Provisionally Sold ****

Lotus Elan Sprint, Chapman Signed Steering Wheel.

*** Also includes the correct Horn-Push and Horn electrical pickup. Additional photos posted ***

This is the later type steering wheel as fitted to the Sprint. I?ts the type that has a ?Plastic? covering as opposed to the earlier type which were leather.

As usual for wheels this age, it has a number of splits on the inner seam. Please see attached pictures for size and location.
As far as I can see, the inner Foam-Centre-Core has not perished or turned to powder, which is another common fault. Hence, this would make an ideal wheel for recovering. (Len Chandler in Chobham is the best I have come across.)

We all know the scarcity of these so I?m hoping I might get one or two serious offers from the Elan-Clan before posting it on Flea-Bay.
Would prefer collection in person, primarily so the purchaser can see the condition and be happy with it. However, I will post to UK addresses. Postage would be ?30. (Postage is cheap, but insurance value would be ?400, so that bumps it up I?m afraid.)

Interested, then please PM me or you can drop me a line on [email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank
Attachments
Sprint-Wheel-11.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-10.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-1.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-2.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-3.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-4.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-5.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-6.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-7.jpg and
Sprint-Wheel-8.jpg and
Last edited by Fredtech on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John "Freddie" Nelson, Berks UK
26/3212 - Rebuilding
S4-Sprint DHC - Now at a new home.....
Fredtech
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am

You have email....
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: