Lotus Elan

New R.D. Alternator Conversion Kit, Elan/Elan +2 LHD - SOLD

PostPost by: SSmith02 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:06 pm

SOLD. Thanks, everyone!

New-in-box mini alternator conversion kit purpose-built for Elans. This is the kit sold by Ray at vintage-Lotus parts supplier R.D. Enterprises (http://www.rdent.com). Includes a new mini 55-amp alternator, fabricated stainless-steel engine-block mounting bracket, instructions, and the wiring harness that Ray supplies. SUITABLE ONLY FOR NEGATIVE-GROUND CARS.

I bought this kit last year to modify for my crossflow-engined Caterham Seven but never ended up using it. It does not contain the hardware and adjustable upper link for the alternator, which Ray supplies?both were lost in a move last year, although the rest of the kit is present. All you have to do is source hardware and an upper link for the alternator, but that's easy enough if you know what you're doing. (Or you can call Ray, and he'll likely be happy to help, and I can't imagine it'll cost much.)

Ray sells this for $275, but because this is missing the link/hardware and also not coming from him?essentially used, though it's never been installed?I'm asking $125 plus $20 shipping. I know, it's a steal, but I need this thing off the shelf in my garage to make space for other stuff. Take it off my hands before I do something silly like sell the furniture and buy another Elan just to have something to put it on.

Please private message or email S dot Procter at Gmail dot com if you're interested. Email is best, and has the quickest turnaround. Thanks!

Last edited by SSmith02 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSmith02
New-tral

PostPost by: tvacc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I have the adjustable link turn buckle thing that i would like to sell. Bought it from the company that does the kits for Ray. I tried to use it on my alternator equipped car, thought mine was the same as Rays but was not. I paid $60 for the darn thing plus shipping. Guy that makes the kits told me it is the most expensive part of the kit. Will sell it for $50 shipped to USA.
Tony Vaccaro
http://www.lotusowners.com
LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
Drive Fast Take Chances
71 Spyder Elan, ElanGTS, 93 Caterham, 05 Elise,
99 Elise190, 91 M100 Elan, 74 Europa, 72 Europa JPS #15, 68 Elan Coupe RHD
tvacc
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: johnc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Sold -- if it is still available.

John Connin
Longwood, FL
johnc
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:02 pm

SSmith,

This is Famous Frank Filicicchia from the LotusElan.net forum. I'd like to purchase your Elan RD Alternator kit. I can pay you the $125 any way you would like. Check, PayPal, Cash. My 66 Elan needs one badly. The last thing I want to do is put that lug of a Dynamo back in.

Frank Filicicchia
1797 Danforth Drive
Marietta, GA 30062

Phone 678-596-1207
email: [email protected]

Thank you,
Frank
Famous Frank

66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
66 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa