Lotus Elan

all new Lotus Twin Cam 711M for sale

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:52 am

in the very near future i'll be selling this brand new TC: new top, new bottom: I mean everything except the buckets: they didn't need replacement! new bearings, guides, inserts, super big valve (41+ intake): 10,6 lift,
304? duration, a little less than 1700cc. i figure this is the closest you can get to a race engine WITHOUT all the
b.s. top and bottom made by the reknown nick stagg- not known for cheap work and short-cuts. the cam cover and the dry sump i'll nee for my next motor (701 and mk1 head which are correct for my car) - i won't sell this for under 5000? - an engine like this built by switzerlands' nick stagg would cost a bit less than 20000? !! if anyone is interested let me know before i list it on ebay (uk and de) cheers sandy j
PS colin of this forum will see the engine this coming saturday
Attachments
lotusgathering2.jpg and
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stevebroad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:53 pm

All that work and used the old buckets?!

I did that many years ago: Cosworth pistons, steel rods, steel crank, dry sump, huge valves, full race cams, etc, etc but used original buckets. First drag race meet (street race championships 1985) and a bucket explodes! You can imagine the damage caused at 8000rpm.

An engine of this spec deserves new, steel, buckets. I would recommend that the new owner changes the buckets as soon as he gets it.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 pm

i basically agree with you: at 13 or 14 ? a piece i think i'll even get them for the new owner - they look nice and tidy though! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 am

I wasn't aware that Nick Stagg was a Swiss. Having spoken to him several times on the dog and bone, I think you will find he is very English, and as he sometimes visits this form, perhaps he might comment, perhaps not.

The only Swiss I know is RF, also a gentleman.

Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 am

hi leslie - there's an apostroph right after switzerlands S - which to me means OUR swiss version
of nick stagg. who is bruno schaffner! and if nick reads this he'll smile! cheers sandy j
PS - do you know someone who's looking for a pretty hot TC and tired of the 105hp??
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 am

Swiss Tony?
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 am

Sandy wrote; PS - do you know someone who's looking for a pretty hot TC and tired of the 105hp??

Sadly, I do not. The only people I know who are looking for a hot twin cam want a 701M block.

And Jon, dont knock those suits, all mine are shiney to.

Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:07 am

hi leslie - who is, btw RF - you don?t mean UF, do you? if that were case then i DO know him and he?s
not what i consider a real gentleman!!
i?d also sell the head - i?m getting my own engine back into the car (701block) and loads of goodies! stell crank, forged rods and pistons, very big valves and cams to be determined.i have 1 and a half set of cams in bristol and the ones i have now are magic: inlet lift 10,2 - outlet 10,6 -- N.S. specials!! they?re awesome. cheers sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

Good morning Sandy,

Who is RF??????????????? Probably the most well known Swiss man in history! Even his initials are trade marked.

ROGER FEDERER

Beautiful morning here, whats it like in the mountains?

Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 pm

the chap i was thinking of is UF: urban fassler (2 dots on the a) - he always was hard to deal with
(like your certain terry - some of U may smile) but since he wrecked his brabham tc (with more than just
the chassis broken) about 10 or 15 yrs ago he didn?t get friendlier ----------- remained a good mechanic
however! 36/4982 DHC!!
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: