Lotus Elan

Elan Parts for Sale

PostPost by: elanern » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am

All,

I recently acquired a large collection of Elan parts from the family of a deceased Lotus Elan owner/aficionado. The parts have been in storage for at least the last 20 years, away from the elements in a garage.

There are more than enough parts to build an Elan, at least mechanically, but I do not want to take on another complete restoration project at this time and I do not need these parts for my Elan. Rather than let them collect dust for another 20 years I am offering them first to the members of this board. I also intend to, but do not prefer to, use eBay.

Note that I am not trying to compete with the "regular" suppliers we all know and love, or anyone else on this board who has parts they are trying to sell. I do not own a business, identifying and selling the parts will be a spare-time retirement hobby.

I thought about listing a few things at a time, but it seems to me that that would be a waste of bandwidth. So I assembled a spreadsheet (attached) with a list of items that were easy for me to identify. It is not all inclusive, I have many more parts not listed that I still need to inventory. Except as noted, they are all Elan parts. There are a couple of +2 specific parts (pair of wishbones and axles, front park lenses). Most parts are used, but appear to be in good shape. New parts are identified as such.

A couple of notes on the "big ticket" items: I removed the cam cover from the engine and found non-grooved cams, and have not opened up the lower end yet. The engine spins over freely and has compression on all cylinders as determined by turning it over by hand. The water pump has a little play. I have not yet looked inside the transmissions. The non-galvanized frame is new and straight with some very minor surface rust, and the original tape is still on the front suspension mounting points. The body will need to have the included front clip spliced on, and includes doors, bonnet, and boot lid. It would make a great autocross or track car candidate as is. I have the vehicle ID plate and the title.

The asking prices I have in mind are listed on the spreadsheet. I think they are in line with prices on this board as well as what I've recently seen on eBay. If something catches your eye, let me know and I will take a picture and we can talk price (some negotiation is anticipated and welcomed).

I am located in the States in Illinois, about 25 miles across the river from St. Louis, MO. It is, of course, a lot easier to pick up large, bulky items rather than ship them. Although easier and less expensive to ship stateside, I certainly am willing to ship to overseas locations although heavier items are costly to ship.

In summary, I was lucky enough to stumble onto this collection of Elan parts. I know that many of you are looking for parts to keep your cars going or to keep as spares. Perhaps I will be able to help.

Thanks.
Attachments
Lotus Parts2.xls
(23 KiB) Downloaded 845 times
Ernie
Florida, USA
elanern
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm

PM sent.

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
36/5727 pre airflow coupe
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: drtarkir » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 am

pm sent
drtarkir
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm

pm sent...
Greg
elangtv2000
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gearbox » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am

PM SENT, CALL ME
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: lotus66 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 am

Hi Ernie, sorry to be a pest, but can't open your attachment. Could you send it to [email protected]
restoring an S3 and S4 would love to see what you've got. Thanks!! Jim Gordon
lotus66
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: sabbot » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Great parts list
PM sent.
sabbot
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elanern » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 pm

All,

Thanks for the interest in my parts. To say the response has been overwhelming is an understatement.

To those who are wondering why I have not responded or have not responded quickly, my brother passed away this weekend and I've been trying to help his family with the arrangements. I apologize, and will get back to the business of taking and providing photos and info, and shipping parts, as soon as things settle down here.

Thanks, much, for your understanding.

Ernie
Ernie
Florida, USA
elanern
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Dear Ernie,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

My condolences to you and your family.

Mazzini
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: redelan64 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 am

Ernie,

Sorry to hear of your families loss.

PM sent

Craig
26/3800
Elan 1964 S1 - since 1976
Lotus 18 FJ - sold
Elan +2 - sold
redelan64
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 am

Hello Ernie,
I am very sorry about your loss, please accept my sincerest condolences.
Take your time and forget us for the next few days, you need your time
with your family, and the parts are secondary in every respect.

Best regards

Guillermo
1964 S1 (engine ready, awainting body paint)
1967 S3 DHC (now adjusted by Brian Buckland, totally calm idle)
1969 S4 FHC (final interior stuff)
gherlt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elanern » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

All,

I would like to thank those of you who sent notes of sympathy regarding my brother's death. It has been a difficult two weeks for the family, particularly with the Thanksgiving holiday last week, but things are slowly and gently returning to normal.

I will once again focus on responding to requests for information about my Lotus Elan parts. I date/time stamped each request so they are sorted by order of receipt. I will continue responding to your requests (and there are many) tomorrow. I thank you for your patience and am truly sorry for any delays experienced by those who asked about the parts.

Sincerely,

Ernie Peters
Ernie
Florida, USA
elanern
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: David tye » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 am

I just recieved the right hand window frame and glass.
absolutly first class. my mechanic thought it was brand new. Ernie's care with the packaging was exceptional and his upfront way of doing business is refreshing. thank you very much Ernie.
David tye
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: