Lotus Elan

Lotus Elan Plus2

PostPost by: David tye » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 am

I've bought a couple of Elan Plus 2s out of the USA for spare parts for an Elan Sprint for competition.
If someone wants to take one as a project and I break the other it would be good. One of the cars is very genuine with virtually 1 owner from 1975. I've located him.45,000 miles which I believe is genuine. BUT the car hasn't moved for decades and has been left out in the weather with much water damage to the cockpit.
I'm trying to find a Ken MacDonald who competes in a plus2 over here in Australia. He's bound to need a body and perhaps a chasis at some stage.
Anyway everything's there if anyone wants a part. The front seats rant bad. I'll be reasonable on the price.
Regards,
David
David tye
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am

Hi David

Where are you in Australia?

I am always interest in spare parts for my plus 2 ( or things that are interchangeable for my Elan) at a good price. :D

I dont really have room for a whole plus 2 body but if the price is right maybe I can find it.

Keith Edwards in NSW was the only guy I know who was racing a plus 2 here and I think he has retired and had the car for sale last i saw. Dont know if he sold it.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: David tye » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Sorry, I didn't see your reply. I'm in Adelaide.
Today I had a look at the chassis with the car on the hoist.the body on it's own I thought $800. It's not that pretty. When there's an event over here you should see it. I can send photos. A truck goes to Melbourne every couple of weeks so I don't see freight as a problem.
It's all there.
Thanks for the reply.
There's a guy in Sydney putting together a 26r for competing at Pau and perhaps Dijon. I know that you enjoy competition.
Regards,
David.
Ps you can contact me via roof seal.
David tye
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Panda » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:41 am

Hi Rohan,
Keith Edwards still owns and races his Plus 2 successfully in CSCA events in Sydney and Goulburn as he has retired the Jag XK-R. (not as much fun) I think it is probably the quickest Plus 2 around, as the car is well prepared and he is a jolly good driver.

Alan P
Panda
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: