Lotus Elan

Lotus Twin cam engine in Westfield SE

PostPost by: Krazykev » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi there.
Just joined the forum as my brother has asked me to see if there's any interest for his car or the engine from it.
He has a narrow body Westfield SE with Spax adjustable suspension all round, harnesses, cage, etc; It's fitted with a Lotus Twin Cam from an Elan. It has had regular oil changes and while he's owned it i can assure you it hasn't had a hard life. It doesn't go out that often & then if it does it's just for a blast around the countryside.

The engine has twin Lumenition ignition units, Magnecor leads, high lift cams & twin Dellorto's. It could do with a new gasket on the front timing case as it drips very occasionally. It has also had a repair on one of the carb inlet pipes on the head which could do with tidying. It would look better welded.

He is looking for ?5000ono for the car or ?2000ono for the engine from it. Personally i would rather the whole car was purchased as it's in my garage. It has 12 months MOT & is SORN at the moment. It went through its MOT with no problem.

It was what he always wanted but he's hardly used it in 3 years so it has to go.

If anyone wants to look at the car it is situated in Littleport in Cambridgeshire.

My number is 07817 602533 or you can ask questions on here & I'll try to get an answer to you as soon as possible.

Krazykev
Attachments
Westfield_2.jpg and
Westfield_4.jpg and
Westfield_3.jpg and
Krazykev
New-tral

PostPost by: Krazykev » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:23 pm

This engine has already sold as a result of this thread.
I couldn't believe the interest this had over a few hours.
I have to admit, being a bit of a classic car enthusiast it's going to become a key part of an Elan restoration.

The car, minus engine & ancillaries, is still for sale with a year's MOT on it for ?3000 or nearest offer.
If you're interested please let me know.

Kev
Krazykev
New-tral

Total Online: