Lotus Elan

Knock-on wheels, interior parts, sunvisors,misc small things

PostPost by: upnorthelan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 pm

After several years of development for the track it?s clear my ?69 S4SE FHC will not be returned to stock, at least under my ownership. I?d like some of the parts I?ve saved for this purpose to be better used amongst our crowd rather than continue to gather dust in my garage.

Trunk interior parts follow:
-Both wooden panels covering spare tire and space between fuel tank and inner fender. Many chips, mostly on the corners, mounting bolt hole has broken through.

-Faux leather covering of above. Worn areas from being folded, trim edge coming off one corner.

-Inner trim panel covering tail light wiring. Scratches and 2 tears by mounting holes by trunk latch.

-Metal and wood brace for locating rear bulkhead/ firewall.

-FHC deck lid covers top of rear bulkhead/ firewall, shock towers. The composite substructure material has a significant tear, however it still maintains shape.

-3 knock-on 4.5j steel wheels. ALL HAVE MULTIPLE SMALL STRESS CRACKS STARTING AT TRIANGULAR CUTOUTS. Being that these wheels are harder to come by it seems someone might refurbish them. Grind and weld from the backside and then shot peen to alleviate future stress risers. Please refer to photos. $100 for all 3.

-Smiths fuel gauge, works, pitting on chrome edge shows the patina of age. $40

-License plate illuminating lights w/ wiring. One is in need of a new bulb. Weather seal is rough, chrome pitting and stress cracks throughout glass.

-Mechanical fuel pump. Works. $20

-Fiamm horn, overspray on it. $10

-Sun visors with hardware. Good condition, some discoloration, see pics. $90

-Bonnet lock knob, cable is cut 1ft back, some misc under bonnet cable, one clasp, both firewall mounted nuts/ assemblage to guide cables.

-Windshield washer pump and both nipples/ hardware/ Tudor bottle with cage to mount. Unable to verify if it still works. Bottle has some overspray on it.

-E-brake handle/ cable cut approx 5ft back

I?ve tried my best to represent these parts as what they are, 42 years old and WELL USED. Pricing can be somewhat of a guessing game, especially for interior trim parts that don?t seem to be available anymore, but in truth aren?t anything incredible. Feel free to make offers on anything with or without a price. Most of the pieces are small so I don?t mind shipping overseas.
Thanks,
Mike
Attachments
elan parts 019.jpg and
elan parts 018.jpg and
elan parts 017.jpg and
elan parts 016.jpg and
elan parts 015.jpg and
elan parts 020.jpg and
elan parts 012.jpg and
elan parts 009.jpg and
elan parts 007.jpg and
elan parts 28.jpg and
upnorthelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: upnorthelan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Items remaining:

-Both wooden panels covering spare tire and space between fuel tank and inner fender. Many chips, mostly on the corners, mounting bolt hole has broken through.

-Inner trim panel covering tail light wiring. Scratches and 2 tears by mounting holes by trunk latch.

-FHC deck lid covers top of rear bulkhead/ firewall, shock towers. The composite substructure material has a significant tear, however it still maintains shape.

-3 knock-on 4.5j steel wheels. ALL HAVE MULTIPLE SMALL STRESS CRACKS STARTING AT TRIANGULAR CUTOUTS. Being that these wheels are harder to come by it seems someone might refurbish them. Grind and weld from the backside and then shot peen to alleviate future stress risers. Please refer to photos. $100 for all 3.

-License plate illuminating lights w/ wiring. One is in need of a new bulb. Weather seal is rough, chrome pitting and stress cracks throughout glass.

upnorthelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Mike, before you sell those items, make templets of the hard to fine measurements and later be able to offer the templets.

Sarto
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: upnorthelan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Sarto- Great suggestion, will do.

Alright Gents,
Remaining parts:

Attachments
elan parts 013.jpg and
elan parts 021.jpg and
elan parts 020.jpg and
elan parts 024.jpg and
upnorthelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Rusty » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Need the fuel gage for my 67.
Thanks,