Lotus Elan

Spyder Elan +2 spaceframe chassis BRAND NEW

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I have for sale the above. There was a thread on here only a couple of weeks ago about how the finish on a Spyder chassis made today is very soft and chips easily. I wouldnt know about that. What i do know, is that the chassis that i have for sale, was made 5 years ago, and the finish has not been credit crunched! its rock hard, as stove enamelling should be. The chassis is BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN FITTED TO A CAR, NEVER BEEN OFFERED UP, NEVER BEEN DRILLED, PERFECT. Its finished in the redy orangy colour that Spyder finish their chassis in, and has been dry stored all the time.
I bought it because last year i had an idea that i would treat myself to a +2 that needed work, and at the time, i was offered the chassis, so thought i would need it. FORTUNEATELY, i came to my senses, i have ENOUGH cars, and hence, the chassis is for sale. To buy one from Spyder will cost you ?1800. Save yourself ?500, its ?1300 FIRM! and located in Cambridgeshire. Give me a call if you are interested 07905 963424, Leslie. Dont ask for photos, i wouldnt know how, it is as described!
Last edited by 512BB on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:16 pm

Just a quick update. Had the usual timewasters on the phone, wot will you take mate!!!!!! To anyone who might be thinking of changing their chassis a little while down the road, make a note of my number, and call me when you are ready, cos it aint goin nowhere for less than ?1300. I can wait!
All the best
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh yes, forgot to add that if you are up north, and are put off by the distance, I will transport it to Donington for the show, obviously at no extra cost! But more obviously, it will have to be paid for PRIOR.
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nilocp » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 am

If anyone wants a genuine Lotus galvanised replacement chassis, I have just acquired one in a job lot. It is not new, but is absolutely excellent!!. Currently painted red, and could be fitted as is.
But I could get it powder coated in your choice of colour for an extra ?75.
Located West Yorkshire and is ?750.

Or it goes on ebay!!

Colin
nilocp
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: