Lotus Elan

Rotoflex Couplings

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:44 am

I have two sets of 4 rotoflex couplings for sale. They are the re-enforced, Sprint versions and are new but they do not have the restraining bands. I want $200 a set plus shipping.

Thanks,
Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 am

Hi,

I am curious as to why there has been no one interested in the Rotoflexes I have for sale. Lots of lookers but no comments.

The best price I could find for these was $120 apiece without shipping. With possible tax and shipping it would amount to over $500. So I would say my price should be acceptable.

The drawback to mine are the fact that they don't have the banding on them. To rectify that would require only purchasing 3 radiator hose clamps to re-compress them.

I have stored them in a sealed, air-tight .50 caliber ammo can to be sure they are not affected by ozone or any outside influences. Can you say the same for the ones you buy at a dealer?

My only thought is that no one is replacing rotoflexes in the winter. I was hoping people were planning for the spring drive.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 am

Hey Herb,

I admit to being one of those that has viewed your thread without comment.
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in your Donuts but the cold weather has lead to a strong dose of "Cabin fever" which causes me to read every posting on my favourite Forum :D
Hope you do make a sale.

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 am

Well Herb,
I am interested and sent you a PM to that effect, but have not heard back from you. Have you not seen that you have a PM or is it that you cant be bothered to send me photos, as i asked?
What do you say Herb?
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:13 am

Well, when I read your PM you said you wanted a particular set of nuts. I figured it was mistake and didn't reply. So... are you looking for nuts or Rotoflex Couplings?

Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 am

Rotoflex couplings are more commonly known as doughnuts, but instead of typing a 9 letter word i abrieviated it down to 3.ie nuts, since that was what your thread was about. So, now that you know that we are/were talking about the same thing, are you able to send me some photos, to [email protected]. It maybe prudent to find out the cost of shipping to the UK first, so see if it is cost effective, so save everyone wasting their time should it not be.
Regards, Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Well Leslie, I was thinking you were referring to the nuts securing pin drive wheels on the Elans. I know there are several different types and thought you were referring to those instead. I was also unaware there were different types of reenforced Rotoflex couplings. Sure I can take pictures and send them to you. What area of them do you want photos taken? I won't be able to find out shipping costs until this weekend though. Do you want insurance costs too?

Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 am

I have sent you a PM with all the details
Regards
Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Since 512BB wanted to know shipping cost to England, I figured I would check for US shipping also.

Shipping to England is $42 for Flat Box Priority Shipping. Plus insurance.

USA shipping is $10.35 Priority Shipping. Plus Insurance.

Regards,
Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: cbxbikenut » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:38 pm

They are still available. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Herb
cbxbikenut
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: hillea » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:19 am

I'm interested in your donuts (but not your buns!!) :D

I have a 1969 Elan S4. Forgive my ignorance, but are the donuts you have for a Sprint the same as for an S4? I'd also be interested in a new set of the bolts for the donuts and brake disc, if you have those, too.

Please contact me.

Andy
Colorado
hillea
New-tral

Total Online: