Digital Fan controller Thermostat

PostPost by: miked » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:27 pm

Bought this from Car builders solutions. No affiliation.
IMO. Advantage over the "in the water" type mechanical one and the fixed otter. I did have the fan controlled by my ECU but a bit of a laptop pain to adjust. Although I had a pick up and drop out set point Hysteresis, I found the negative switching to be conducting slightly as it approached pick up. This made my fan indicator light flicker.
This simple little unit has a 3 metre wire with temp' probe on the end. I tie wrapped it to my top hose metal section. The unit has posiive and negative supply and switches out positive to pull in a relay.
The operation is simplicity. Just been out and found that 79 pick up and drop out of 77 gives optimum running for the Zetec set up. No nuisance calls. My temperature gauge varies from 80 to about 89 with the Dunnell water rail system. Being on the dash with clear indication is a doddle to dial in/adjust to suit the application/position.
When the unit came it had the wires coming out of either side. I opened it up and drilled a hole in the back to exit all the wires from the rear. Drilled my radio blank. Used double sided tape.
Really pleased with this modification. Good information with simple adjustability.

Mike :D
See link

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/digital-f ... thermostat
Attachments
IMG_1852.JPG and
IMG_1851.JPG and
Mike

Elan S4 Zetec
Suzuki Hustler T250
Suzuki TC120R trailcat
Yamaha YR5
Suzuki Vstrom 650XT