Plus 2 column stalk upgrade

PostPost by: mikealdren » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi,
has anyone fitted an upgrade to put wiper controls on steering column stalks? Spyder have a mod to use Mini stalks but it's very expensive.
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Billmack » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:51 pm

That kind of stuff can run from very cheap to very pricey... From some junkyard bit ziptied in place to an expensive switch with custom brackets and a fancy replacement cowl piece . In support of our suppliers you should save up and buy from them. The triumph column has a unique way of attaching the switches and modifications would have to be made to the column itself to make that work. Only easy thing I could see is looking at the possibility of fitting up a triumph headlight switch to the wiper system. I don't know if the way the electricity flows in the switch can be made to work.
Billmack
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gav » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Interesting - I've been thinking about a stalk mounted single wipe arm off the steering column and been considering it against an electronic intermittent wipe unit.
Still undecided at the mo.
Gavin
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HCA » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:26 am

I am currently making a wiper/headlight double stalk from an MGRV8 (that I think has come from one of the Rover parts bins) - it is a good fit, but does, like any such mod, require removing the upper part of the column and cutting the dashboard.
I also have a Mini stalk that might be better if I prefer a smaller diameter wheel.
Hal Adams
Evora S
Elan +2
HCA
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am

Many thanks, any pics?
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: