Spyder +2 zetec owners on elan.net?

PostPost by: gordy7 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:12 am

Alan,

Like I've said before I don't recall stating I wanted to be a typist when I grow up and couple that with Christmas merriment and hey presto a new super hero emerges in the world of Zetec Elans :lol: :D
gordy7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:09 pm

gordy7 wrote:Alan,

Like I've said before I don't recall stating I wanted to be a typist when I grow up and couple that with Christmas merriment and hey presto a new super hero emerges in the world of Zetec Elans :lol: :D

Behold! My name is SyderBoy :mrgreen: Look on my works ye mighty and despair :lol:

Looking forward to 2023 and the new batch of alternative engined and improved Elans.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordy7 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:07 pm

Had a day at Emerald yesterday on the rollers. I had embarrassing issues with the clutch slave cylinder but my little rocket has 170bhp at the flywheel and achieved 120 and a bit mph on the rollers!

There were some instant improvements, ambient sensor had been aimed at the cylinder head so the ECU was overcompensating for much higher temps than expected! and we blocked the leaky vacuum (lights fixed up a for a now until the leak can be resolved). I've also come away with a suitable cable to wire my rad fan into the ECU so it can determine when it cuts in and out.

I would recommend the team there, everyone was patient, helpful and informative!
gordy7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: gav » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:42 am

I've had similar good experiences with the Emerald team.
Very impressed with them.
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi Guys

Does anyone here have a picture of the Spyder Zetec engine mounts? They seem to come in two parts, Engine Mounting Brackets and Engine Isolators.

Has anyone fabricated or found a substitute for the Spydercar engine mount parts? I have just about every other part that spydercars sell for the Zetec conversion and are baulking a bit at spending so much on engine mounts.

Many thanks!

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:47 am

Hello Again

Edit, Andy from Spyder got back to me, the isolators are modified (by them) standard ones. So I will order from them. There is a month wait for the mounts unfortunately.

I would still like a photo of how it all hangs together though......

Many thanks again

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: