Advice needed re: Zetec fuel injection system

PostPost by: Stratosboy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I wonder if anyone can could give me some more advice? I'm at the stage of plumbing in the fuel system, filters pump etc. How did others do theirs? - do you have any pics you could share. I'm using a mid-mounted tank sitting between chassis uprights.

I'm a bit confused as I have 4 outlets from the tank, I suspect the large bore one on the top left is the fuel return, the large bore at the bottom is for the feed to the first filter - pre pump, I'm adding a second filter after the pump.
I have a small outlet top right, which I suspect is a breather. But also have another one midway up front of tank. Do you think this would be another return from a swirl tank? - if so could I just seal this as tank has swirl chamber built in?
Where do people recommend for fuel unions? - need a couple of M16 x1.5 with 8mm outlet
Thanks for any advice you can give.
Stratosboy
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JohnDanbyRacing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Yes you are correct, just blank off this union it will indeed be a return if you are running another swirl pot. For fuel unions and fittings try Think Automotive, they are very helpful.
JohnDanbyRacing
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Stratosboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 am

Hey, thank you JohnDanbyRacing, appreciate your help.
I'll give them a try.
Cheers
Dave
Stratosboy
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi

I have just put another post out about the fuel tank system. I have fuel injection on my +2 running with the twink engine and it seems to work OK. I used a system from SpyderCars and the diagram they gave me to connect it up is attached. I have a small issue with minor fuel leakage from the filler tank when the tank is full and the car is driven for a few miles fuel seems to leak out and leaves a mark on the rear wing -- any ideas what might cause that would help !

hope this helps

Bob
Attachments
Fuel _feed_layout.png and
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Bob
Filler cap seal and breather...

P.M.'d

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi Folks

Following my first post I have modified my fuel system to include a second breather and the details are in a post I did on this subject and details are attached in a link to that post. It shows what I did to add a second breather and to seal the fuel cap to avoid the leakage. I guess starting from scratch only the new breather would be required and a sealed cap could be used. So far so good on my system !

Hope this helps best of luck

Bob

lotus-carbs-f40/fuel-tank-fuel-filler-leakage-t32899.html
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: