Size of Raditor for Zetec 2.0L

PostPost by: Netec99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 am

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the radiator core size that is used on a Zetec 2.0 L Elan +2 conversion. :?:

Regards

Rob
Netec99
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Rob,
There isn't any hard and fast rule for the size of the radiator core, but bigger is better. Just think full width 26R style in aluminium and you won't go wrong, some have used VW radiators or whatever they can plumb in that fit's. The zetec doesn't seem to suffer from hot running especially in a +2 engine bay. I have a modified Tony Thompson 26R style radiator in the + 2 zetec(plumbing is different from a standard twin cam), the car will tick over all day long on the hottest day of the year in the biggest taffic jam and won't break a sweat even after a hard run.
+2 zetec radiator.jpg and

Here's what I have fitted to the Duratec S4, bespoke aluminium with twin 9 inch fans, works a treat.
02.jpg and

01.jpg and
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Netec99 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Spyder fan wrote:Hi Rob,
There isn't any hard and fast rule for the size of the radiator core, but bigger is better. Just think full width 26R style in aluminium and you won't go wrong, some have used VW radiators or whatever they can plumb in that fit's. The zetec doesn't seem to suffer from hot running especially in a +2 engine bay. I have a modified Tony Thompson 26R style radiator in the + 2 zetec(plumbing is different from a standard twin cam), the car will tick over all day long on the hottest day of the year in the biggest taffic jam and won't break a sweat even after a hard run.
+2 zetec radiator.jpg

Here's what I have fitted to the Duratec S4, bespoke aluminium with twin 9 inch fans, works a treat.
02.jpg

01.jpg

Thanks Alan, I was also thinking along the VW alloy radiator route :)

Rob
Netec99
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: