Insane + 2

PostPost by: gino1 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 am

Very impressive....just love to see what real petrolheads can do with cars in general. This is an awsome conversion that has probably taken a lot of time. This is one talented bloke.
I'd love to know if the car performs and handles better or the same as before due to the extensive chassis modifications he has carried out.

Gino
Milano
Italy
1964 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S3 Coupe
1968 Elan S4 Coupe
1969 Elan +2
1968 Lotus Seven S3
1982 Lotus Esprit S3
1961 Ford Anglia
2000 Lotus Elise Motorsport-56
gino1
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 am

gino1 wrote:Very impressive....just love to see what real petrolheads can do with cars in general. This is an awsome conversion that has probably taken a lot of time. This is one talented bloke.
I'd love to know if the car performs and handles better or the same as before due to the extensive chassis modifications he has carried out.

Gino
Milano
Italy

Gino,
It doesn't appear to have a lot of traction as it wheelspins all over the place and as for handling it goes around corners sideways :mrgreen:

Joking apart, it's a good example of what can be done if you pay no notice to the purists, I thoroughly approve.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: marnoldsson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello!
I must say I was really surprised when I found this thread. I am the owner and builder of this car.
Really really appreciate all the kind words!! it took me a little less than a year from start to where it is now.

For now it enjoys a good winters rest in my garage but there are alot of things that are planned to be done to it.
I just wont have the time to start until spring/summer next year unfortunately.

Anyway, really nice seeing all the nice comments and that you like the car, is there anything you like to ask or seeing pics of just write here or email me [email protected]

Also, as someone already wrote, I LOVE the looks of the Elan, (except the pop up lights, very good translation BTW) and if this example would have been a nice original car I would never have done this, but it wasn't!

And yes, I will fix the door locks but will still keep the duct tape :)
marnoldsson
New-tral

PostPost by: stevebroad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

LotusElan+217 wrote:
Uboat wrote:If you are interested you can find photos on the chassis modification in this thread (in Swedish)
http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80450
/Ulf

I have toyed with the notion of fitting a Cosworth YB into a +2, originating from 28 years ago, but never got around to it,

That's what I am doing at the moment, although into an Elan rather than a +2 :-)

However, I haven't gone anywhere near so far with the chassis mods as on this beastie, impressive.
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: