My first post & may upset a few people! (Spyder content) ;)

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks guys

Gareth this is my 5th +2 & hopefully one to keep hence doing all the bits I want to it mate :)

Just started the 340R project too now & next year the widened Europa!! :D
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 am

Harrumph !!!!!!ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:10 pm

twincamman wrote:Harrumph !!!!!!ed

I don't get that!! ;)

Photo of one seat :)

Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Stratosboy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

looking good Junks,
I'm glad you posted this too, you have pm.
Stratosboy
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry its been a while but a few more photos, engine bay is nearly finished & the car is now stripped & ready for paint! :)

Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

The car is looking great. I'd call all the mods you've done so far improvements, but that's just me. I'm surprised you didn't paint it prior to finishing out the engine bay. You're not planning on taking all that back out to paint it, are you?
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Bud English wrote:The car is looking great. I'd call all the mods you've done so far improvements, but that's just me. I'm surprised you didn't paint it prior to finishing out the engine bay. You're not planning on taking all that back out to paint it, are you?

No, engine bay has been painted & the engine will be shrink wrapped & masked off before paint - they are a very good paint shop so I feel confident its safe ;)
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

I see you used the Raceline water rail. How much clearance did you have from the block to the bulkhead? Looks like there was plenty of room for it or did you have to modify the firewall for clearance? I'm trying to decide whether to build or by my water rail. A little money saved here gives me more to spend elsewhere. It's never left in pocket, is it?
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: robertverhey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello junks I'm intrigued by your rear suspension setup and specifically what the role of the smaller uper wishbone is. Isn't there the potential for the two arcs (lower and upper wishbone) to act in conflict with each other, or has it been carefully designed for the arcs to move in sympathy? Or is the top mount mobile laterally?

Robert
robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Bud English wrote:I see you used the Raceline water rail. How much clearance did you have from the block to the bulkhead? Looks like there was plenty of room for it or did you have to modify the firewall for clearance? I'm trying to decide whether to build or by my water rail. A little money saved here gives me more to spend elsewhere. It's never left in pocket, is it?

There was plenty of clearance as I remember matey but we had to alter the Elise pedal box to clear the airbox. The only mods to the bulkhead area were for the pedal box & the AP master cylinder :)
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 pm

robertverhey wrote:Hello junks I'm intrigued by your rear suspension setup and specifically what the role of the smaller uper wishbone is. Isn't there the potential for the two arcs (lower and upper wishbone) to act in conflict with each other, or has it been carefully designed for the arcs to move in sympathy? Or is the top mount mobile laterally?

Robert

I don't know much about the geometry of the rear suspension Robert but its the standard Spyder setup so would hope they had done their sums on the arcs already so guess they move in sympathy as per the Elise
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 am

Boot floor etc is finished now too - just waiting for carpet

Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 am

Ready for paint!

Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 am

Junks wrote:Boot floor etc is finished now too - just waiting for carpet

Hi there,

Just a thought; if you turn that spare wheel upside down you will be able to use the available space inside it for tools etc.
Also if you slot the central retaining "washer" the retaining bolt needs only to be loosened a little then the retaining washer removed thus releasing the spare wheel. That's how I've done it with my S4.

Cheers
John
Attachments
Boot2.jpg and
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks John - yeah not sure how we intended it to stay was just placed there to make sure we could get it out! ;)

Good call on the washer - thanks
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: