Fitting TTR Competition headers and Engine Mounts

PostPost by: Gray » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks, I must get round to working on the car!

Regards Gray
Gray
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Terry Posma » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Would it be possible for someone to post a photo of the cut out required for a TTR big bore exhaust?

Thanks.
Terry Posma
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 65ginetta » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:11 pm

You will see a picture of my cutout in the chassis earlier in this post. I also reduced my foot-well width by about 1" and it made fitting the TT big bore less of a problem. This is what the finished installation looks like and should give you some idea of the clearance. I was concerned about the chassis structural integrity and made an FE model of my chassis to check the effect of the cut out and in fact the fillet stiffeners reduced the twist and flex results significantly. My concern is its now the strongest section of the side rail and I may need to keep an eye on the rest of the mounting features as we run the car.
20150926_174040 [1977883].jpg and
65ginetta
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Terry Posma » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:49 am

Thank you. Not as bad as I thought.
Terry Posma
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bill308 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi 65ginetta.

Could you share details on your fea model, please?

Did you model the whole chassis or just the local area?

What code and process (ex. SolidEdge, ANSYS, other)?

How was it loaded?

Did you look at the TTR knotch?

I'm getting ready to start assembly of my 26r street car and a frame mod might be necessary to enable fitment of the Voights T9. It may fit in the TTR 26r chassis when used with the big bore header without modification but, I might have to give up the speedo drive assembly and go with a gps based speedo. A matching tach would also work better with the programmable ignition system.

Thanks,
Bill
bill308
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 65ginetta » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:38 am

Our design software is Solidworks with an integrated FE analysis package. I was only interested in the effects of the notch on the chassis side rail and we modeled the frame with and without the notch.
The notch was buttressed on all three sides and welded into the side rail over the full length.
65ginetta
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: