QUICKSHIFT KIT

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

The quickshift in my Lotus 5 speed has given no problems over the last 4 years or so (approx 15,000 miles).
Should have photos somewhere ... I'll dig them out.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jas » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I also have a quick shift on my Lotus 5-speed box and have had no problems with it, the mod was done two years and 8.000 miles ago.
I think is from Burton or Demon Tweeks
We removed the metal housing for the spherical bearing and made a new one to fit the 5-speed housing.
The gearstick was also bent backwards like that from the 4-speed box after the pictures was taken.
I didn't fit the quick-shifter to be able to change gears faster but to get rid of the sloppy rubber bushing from the 5-speed gear stick.
Attachments
P1010264.JPG and
P1010313.JPG and
Jannik
1969 S4-SE DHC
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jas
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Best I can find at the moment are a couple of photos which show the standard and quickshift gearlever separately.
Thought I had one showing them side by side.

IIRC this was made especially for the Lotus 5 speed box, being essentially a modified 5 speed gearlever rather than a kit part (ie to suit other boxes as well). Who originally made it, and whether more are available, I don't know.
But I do know that there was talk of making more, at the time.
Standard Lotus 5 speed gearlever.jpg
Standard
Standard Lotus 5 speed gearlever.jpg (36.9 KiB) Viewed 579 times

5 speed Quickshift.jpg and
Quickshift

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: