Is a swap a ridiculous idea?

PostPost by: sabbot » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:16 pm

First of all if the moderator wishes to move this thread to a more relevant section please do so.

I have what I think is a rather well sorted 1973 S130 Elan +2 in very good / excellent condition. I won’t go into all of the details on this first post, but it is a thoroughly well sorted Elan (inside and out) with no issues. The question I have is how ridiculous would it be to hope to swap it for a 1966 S2, ideally a 26R clone. Assuming that a cash balance could go either way if the respective values are not aligned.

The main reason for asking is that I fancy a 66 S2 Elan and have run out of space in the garage so if something comes in something has to go and before contemplating selling the Elan +2 to make space I thought I might see if a swap would be of interest to anybody on the on the forum. The other reason is that if swapping I would rather that the cars passed between enthusiasts.

My +2 is in SoCal and is LHD but I would be open to national or international swaps if the S2 happened not to be in the USA.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
A9A5564B-3F24-42C4-80DC-DD695325AA1C.jpeg and
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JTMcKee » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:13 pm

Beautiful Plus 2. I can’t comment on the feasibility of a swap, but if you decide to sell the Plus 2 outright, I would certainly like to discuss. (As would many others here I would guess.). Too new to PM, but keep us posted. Thanks for sharing!
JTMcKee
New-tral

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:31 pm

I am confident that is one of the nicest +2’s in N America, and a nice colour too!

Sabbot, I am sure you know oh too well that building a S2 is doable, too bad Famous Frank sold a few of his recently. TTR has bodies, Spyder frames….
You will find a nice one for your kids to drive. :lol:
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: sabbot » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:05 am

Thanks for the complements on the +2, it is in rather good condition and a great drive. I’ve considered building a 26R clone, as you mention TTR have all the parts. The problem (if you can really describe it as a problem) is that there is another project also waiting for my attention, picture attactched.
Attachments
8EF5756F-6839-4738-BF17-0BF53F0D248B.jpeg and
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am

sabbot wrote:Thanks for the complements on the +2, it is in rather good condition and a great drive. I’ve considered building a 26R clone, as you mention TTR have all the parts. The problem (if you can really describe it as a problem) is that there is another project also waiting for my attention, picture attactched.

There's nothing like a drive in an Elite. An absolute jewel of a car. Please post photos of your progress.

Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mike Ostrov » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am

Sabbot, can you please send me your Elite chassis number? Many thanks. Mike Ostrov. [email protected]. Club Elite Secretary, tech guy and World Registrar.
[email protected] or (5l0) 232-7764
Mike Ostrov
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JTMcKee » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:48 am

Wow - I can see where the Elite might take priority :D Never driven one (in fact have only seen two in person) but the design is absolutely perfect.
JTMcKee
New-tral

PostPost by: dthompson002 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:26 pm

1966 S2 exceptional condition with 26R fenders might interest you. Location Agua Dulce CA. Need pics and description of needs for yours. Former Lotus East Service dealer for early Lotus models, still active for early models.
dthompson002
New-tral

PostPost by: sabbot » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:53 am

@dthompson002 - PM sent to you - thanks
sabbot
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: