1969 Elan Plus 2 S For Sale

PostPost by: jono » Sun May 15, 2022 2:29 pm

I am advertising this car on behalf of a good friend, a very experienced vehicle restorer, who has only recently completed a full nut a bolt restoration including a back to gel coat repaint.
This is one of a string of cars he has restored over the years including one previous Plus 2 however, sadly, he is now unable to enjoy it due to declining health. A full photographic record of the restoration is available and knowing the owner as I do the work will have been carried out extremely thoroughly and to a very high standard.
It is a 1969 Plus 2 S which started life in Burnt Sand but is now finished in white following a full restoration which was completed just 1 year ago.
The work (very) briefly included:
Back to bare fibreglass restoration and re paint
Bare chassis rebuild on a galvanised Lotus replacement chassis, new suspension bushes and wishbones refurbished
Professionally rebuilt front and rear brake callipers, new rear discs and all new lines and hoses, replacement servo, rebuilt master cylinder/pedal box etc.
CV drive shafts
New adjustable front spring damper units
Engine overhauled (+40), on Webers, valves re ground etc.
New dash loom and front loom
Re finished dash
Electric headlight lifters
An ingenious remote bleed system for the clutch master cylinder
Coolex radiator
All chrome redone including door frames and gutter rails
Brand new rear lamp units
The owner has a vehicle lift hence photographs can be provided of the underside to any interested parties.
It is perhaps fair to say that this car is not one for the purist on account of a number of modifications to make it more usable however these could all be reversed with a little effort, however it is a lovely and extremely usable Plus 2 with all of the big ticket items attended to (notably body and paint).
There is a massive history with the car covered in 3 ring binders and going back to its early days
Around 200 miles only completed since restoration
Offers are invited in the region of £25,900 and the car is located in Cumbria. Please PM me in the first instance and I will then put you in touch with the owner (he is not up to speed with the internet and modern tech hence my posting this advert on his behalf)
Attachments
P1160831 (Copy).jpg and
P1160832 (Copy).jpg and
P1160835 (Copy).jpg and
P1160837 (Copy).jpg and
P1160838 (Copy).jpg and
P1160848 (Copy).jpg and
P1160845 (Copy).jpg and
P1160862 (Copy).jpg and
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear