1972 Elan Plus 2 Spyder - fully resprayed

PostPost by: Pointshape » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:18 am

Just thinking of selling my Plus 2. Sadly I just don’t use it.
I spent 15k on it 3 years ago on a full gel coat reparation and rebuild plus other things. It really has just sat undercover since then and some areas of chrome are just beginning to show signs of rust. I will get this polished of course. Just mentioning that as it shows that this needs a proper owner who will use this beautiful vehicle.
Spyder also added servo brakes when I first purchased 7/8 years ago and I have since had new radiator and other bits.
I chose a vintage, Mercedes’, dark metallic blue and it looks stunning.
Anyone serious, please message me and we can take it further.
Attachments
F62D2111-2C60-4DA5-8075-987D63D8BAE5.jpeg and
Pointshape
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: hipcat » Sun May 01, 2022 4:56 pm

Hello!
I am a new member here, I have been lurking for some time after I became aware of the Elan Plus 2.
Being a lifelong British sports car enthusiast, I have been interested in and awed by Lotus but never truly enamored by a design. They all seem more fun to drive than to look at, but the Plus 2 has me enthralled! They are very rare here, I have mostly seen the new ones, as well as Elans, Europas, and Esprits. I have seen real Super 7s only twice.
I really appreciate the prep work you describe, much of what I have seen out there suffers from poor prep and that means back to fiberglass to get it right!
As I am a new member I can not yet send messages.
If you are up for contacting me and telling me all about it, it is within the realm of the possible that I could be the right person to take care of and enjoy this.
Thanks!
Niels
hipcat
New-tral

PostPost by: Des » Thu May 26, 2022 4:47 am

As a new member I’m unable to send you a message but if your car is still for sale please get in touch. Thank you, Des
Des
New-tral

Total Online: