Elan Modsports Project

PostPost by: gav » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:11 pm

I have come to realise that for a variety of reasons I'm not going to be able to finish my modsports project so am going to sell it as a rolling project.
It was being rebuilt to a Donnington GT spec which is looser than modsports and is similar to the Northern Saloon championships that the car competed in before my ownership.
It was being rebuilt around a modified Spyder spaceframe chassis which was adapted to accept a 7 1/2" Ford diff. Bracing was also added for the front and rear turrets.
A cage system was originally designed with the centre section of bodywork sitting on the frame and an ally floor underneath. With the passing of time, this was overtaken by ROPS regulations introduced by the MSA and it was not viable to prove the success of the system without vast expenditure so the basis was changed to a more traditional set up with the centre section having a traditional floor added (albeit with a kevlar sandwich under the driver). In so doing, it became clear that the wheel arch extensions did not correctly align and they have yet to be addressed either by using the original arch moulds or by the adaption of rear 26r arches (which would look much better) both of which are included in the package but this is why the rear arches have been opened up in the photo.
The project is essentially a rolling chassis sitting on Compomotive CXR wheels and new ZZS tyres. The front and rear body sections and bonnet come with moulds and also included is the original bonnet, the original modsports wing and the later mallock style rear wing that the car ran with.
Also included is the refurbished 4.26 rear ls diff and bespoke driveshafts. The front suspension including stronger bespoke uprights are made by Siltek and the track is approximately half way between a 2 door Elan and a plus 2. Siltek also made bespoke front and rear anti roll bars to suit the car and all of the suspension joints are new.
A full FIA cage is also included.
This is an exciting project which I was preparing for hills and sprint but which would fit in with the current special saloon championships assuming compliance the the relevant regulations is achieved.
I am going to sell either in two forms - either all of the bodywork and moulds if someone wants them or the entire package as it currently stands. I will not break it in other ways.
It is located near Watford in Herts.
I can take a photo pack to Castle Coombe so if you want to discuss it, please feel to make contact in advance and we can meet up on the day.
Thanks for looking and please feel free to pm me if you are interested.
Gavin
Attachments
4.jpeg and
Modsports Elan 175 1.jpg and
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 4545colin » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:51 am

Morning Gavin,
PM sent.
Cheers Colin
4545colin
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: gav » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:56 am

Hi Colin

Your pm hasn't arrived yet so I have sent one to you to see if we can connect.

Thanks
Gavin
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: