Lotus Elan S2 1965 Project

PostPost by: 26alan04 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 pm

I need to rationalise my fleet! Lack of space, and time, has led me to a sad decision. I bought this Elan some years ago, in a completely dismantled state, with the intention of building it up as a semi-competition car but time and circumstance have prevented me so doing.
The car is substantially complete, although I cannot guarantee absolutely everything is present or serviceable, as with any rebuild. I have acquired many new parts, some uprated, which can come with the car, depending upon intended use. I didn't have any particular set of regulations in mind when accumulating these parts, so the car would be an excellent base for FIA GTS, CSCC Appendix K, FIA GT, HSCC HRS or as a standard Elan S2. Nothing has been done which would restrict, or compromise, any of those options.
There is no V5 present but there is a buff log book and correct and original chassis plate. I've spoken with Club Lotus regarding re-registering and have been advised this is a straightforward process for such a rebuild, although the original number may be issued as non-transferable.
This is an opportunity to acquire an S2 for rebuild into the car of your choice.
If you are interested, please send a PM giving an idea of what your thoughts might be, and I will forward details of the car, or if you prefer, we can have a chat about this.
Car is located in East Sussex UK
Thank you.
Alan
26alan04
New-tral

PostPost by: ROADRUNNER » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:15 am

No price or photos ? !
ROADRUNNER
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: deryck » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:35 am

PM sent
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 26alan04 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Deryck,
Sorry, no PM received, interweb is appalling at the moment. Please try again as I would prefer to forward photos and details through e mails. Not priced as there are options and it will depend on how much/little of the car is required.
Regards
Alan
26alan04
New-tral

PostPost by: deryck » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:06 am

Hi Alan

My email is
[email protected]

please let me have your email Alan and we can communicate

many thanks
best regards
deryck
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: MJB » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:19 am

Hi Alan I can’t work out how to pm you
Could you contact me on
[email protected]
Just lost a similar project which got sold to friend of the family for £1000 left than I was offering

Would really love to talk to you

Thanks
Mike Bentley
MJB
New-tral

PostPost by: jcocking » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 pm

MJB wrote:Hi Alan I can’t work out how to pm you
Could you contact me on
[email protected]" target="_blank
Just lost a similar project which got sold to friend of the family for £1000 left than I was offering

Would really love to talk to you

Thanks
Mike Bentley

New members are not allowed to PM. This is to protect the members from people creating an account and spamming the members.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 26alan04 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Thanks for interest from all, but car now sold.
26alan04
New-tral

Total Online: