Elan Sprint 1971 FHC (PROJECT)SOLD SOLD

PostPost by: wee heavy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello, I have a 1971 Elan Sprint Coupe that I have now decided to sell. The car is taxed and insured but requires some additional work. The brief spec is the Twin Cam engine has a QED ported cylinder head on a 711M block hence 1760cc. QED 420 cams are also installed with 45DCOE Webers. Adjustable suspension all round with Tony Thomson solid drive shafts. New EBC discs and pads fitted last year. A Lotus replacement chassis painted black is fitted. please contact me where I can advise more of the spec also the small amount of additional work required.
Offers around ?24K.
Regards
Jim (Edinburgh)
IMG_2099 (2).JPG and
front

IMG_2097 (2).JPG and
rear

IMG_2104.JPG and
interior

IMG_2102.JPG and
interior 2

IMG_2096.JPG and
engine

IMG_2073.JPG and
osf chassis

IMG_2074.JPG and
chassis
Last edited by wee heavy on Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wee heavy
New-tral

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:33 pm

day time pictures would help. What wheels are those? Plus 2 alloy knock offs?
pretty car. GLWS
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 am

We can see that passenger door card is missing - what else needs doing?
Presumably you do have a bonnet? :D
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wee heavy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 am

Hello, Yes I have a bonnet and planning to take daylight photos probably tomorrow once the gales have passed showing the areas outlined in the last paragraph.The following are work I had lined up;
Check/repair n/s window motor as it is a bit slow,I have a newly trimmed to door card to refit.
New wiper blades required,fit new bonnet runners(the shiny metal strips),lubricate/replace steering column top bush as squeaks,adjust handbrake as new pads fitted also the new EBC discs/pads need bedded in

The car will come with the following, 4 elan sprint wheels, (will need refurb+new tyres),a Lionel Roberts wheel spinner removal tool,a Britool reversible torque wrench,Elan W/shop manual ,Brian Buckland manual and a manual I made up of the engine spec and related parts. Also anything else that could be useful.

Regarding the body work the car has been resprayed well before my ownership and has a few cosmetic areas that could do with painting. The drivers door window frame is not a good fit,a repair or a s/hand frame would sort this and the last item is the headlining.This was damaged and I fitted a repair section to the front part which is functional but not to attractive.
All Offers Considered
wee heavy
New-tral

Total Online: