Elan S4 Sprint Conversion. DHC Big Valve PRICE DROP

PostPost by: Elani » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:53 pm

With a heavy heart, I am advertising our gorgeous Elan S4. Undoubtedly one of the finest British sport cars ever made.

Great example in the best (my personal opinion!) colour scheme of yellow over white. Lots of bills and history with the car with a replacement galvanised chassis fitted during its lifetime.

Registered on log book as Sprint and letter from Lotus Cars Ltd. company archivist as possible factory sprint conversion, however, can not be 100% verified hence advertising as a S4.

Currently SORN'd however, will be fully MOT'd and serviced prior to sale with recent clutch slave cylinder, ready to be enjoyed.

Very reluctant sale, the realisation of small children and an impending house renovation the only reasons!

Car was fully inspected prior to my purchase and report available. Any questions please let me know.

Car located in Somerset, UK and looking for ?25,500 OVNO
Attachments
6325710.jpg and
6325708.jpg and
6325706.jpg and
6325704.jpg and
6325702.jpg and
Last edited by Elani on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Can you post up the VIN? I believe most of the S4's converted to Sprint are known. I owned one some years back and now gone heaven. Although the car was built earlier and then later converted it was registered on a K plate. Happy to be proved wrong but I cannot see how a car registered in May 1970 on an H reg could have possibly left the factory as a Sprint as this predates Sprint production by several months. It might be upgraded to Sprint spec as many cars have been in period or since - it would be an interesting exercise to apply for a copy of the original logbook via a V888 to DVLA to see if Sprint is mentioned there.

That said its a nice looking car and I see no reason why you shouldn't get your asking price. A few interior shots might help.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 pm

I have no H registered S4/Sprints in my register. This is almost certainly a Series 4 that has been subsequently converted by a PO. Happy to be proved wrong though!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elani » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank you all for the positive comments and yes it really is a lovely car, just not getting the use it warrants.

I have recently sent off my V888 form so will update as soon as it's received. I am pretty confident the car was converted during it's life, hence advertising it as a S4, however, it has the letter in the history file which confuses things! Mind you it is a Lotus :lol:

I will post up some more pics shortly, the car is currently nestled in it's Carcoon so will remove and snap some updated photos. Thank you all for the interest via pm's and all responded to.

Should anybody have any questions in the interim please feel free to call me on 07590 677 129.
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: ART » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Could you post more pics and details if the car still for sale?
ART
New-tral

PostPost by: Elani » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 pm

ART wrote:Could you post more pics and details if the car still for sale?

Hi, car is still here and planning to snap some further pics this weekend. Anything in particular you would like?
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: Elani » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Apologies all for my tardy responses, work has seemingly taken over all my spare time!

Ok, as we enter the winter months, really would like to see if I can move this on. With this in mind I will be reducing the price to ?23,500 till Mid November. If not sold by then, it stays in it's Carcoon till spring! :D
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: Noelpc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Could you pm me if still available? My current status does not allow me to do so.

Thx!
Noelpc
New-tral

PostPost by: Elani » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Noelpc wrote:Could you pm me if still available? My current status does not allow me to do so.

Thx!

PM sent and yes car is still here. Apologies to all that have asked for further pics etc. I have just sent all requested information to everybody who asked.
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Elani wrote:
Noelpc wrote:Could you pm me if still available? My current status does not allow me to do so.

Thx!

PM sent and yes car is still here. Apologies to all that have asked for further pics etc. I have just sent all requested information to everybody who asked.

Why not post them up, can only help your sale surely?
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elani » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:07 pm

As promised, more to follow.
Attachments
image14.jpg and
image4.jpg and
image3.jpg and
image2.jpg and
image.jpg and
Elani
New-tral

PostPost by: PeterG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm

Nice looking car at a reasonable price.
PeterG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Eric the Viking » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi is the car still available?
Eric the Viking
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Interior engine bay and boot would also help.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elani » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:10 am

Eric the Viking wrote:Hi is the car still available?

Hi yes car is still here and more pics to follow. Will be giving the car a good clean this weekend and will post some more.
Elani
New-tral

Next

Total Online: