S4 Window Frames

PostPost by: Billelan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:11 pm

Can any members recommend someone in the UK to restore my S4 window frames. They need minor repairs to where the electric motors fit and a re-chrome. Thanks in advance.
Billelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Sadbrewer » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:22 am

There is a place near me in Mexborough...I am thinking of getting mine done and was in there a few months ago and by chance they had a pair in for the S4...unfortunately I didn't see the end result, when I called back they'd been returned to the owner...if it's of interest I'll get their phone number when I pass.
Sadbrewer
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Billelan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:18 pm

Thanks Sadbrewer. If you could find me the number or company name that would be great.
Billelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:26 pm

Google is your friend - Try Prestige platers PRESTIGE ELECTROPLATING. Address: Unit 6, Cliff Street Industrial Estate, Mexborough S64 9HU Phone: 01709 577004 not on t'web! Super quality work.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Billelan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:35 pm

Thanks. I have Googled Electroplaters in my area but prefer to go on recommendations. I’ll give Prestige a call.
Billelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Sadbrewer » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:26 pm

Billelan wrote:Thanks. I have Googled Electroplaters in my area but prefer to go on recommendations. I’ll give Prestige a call.

Phil has supplied the number....as I say I didn't see the end result of the S4 frames but the stuff they had done that I could see looked pretty decent.
Sadbrewer
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:45 am

I went to see a guy yesterday with a view to having my Ferrari serviced, he was recommended by a garage I popped in to and is only 15 miles away. Much more convenient than having it transported to Nottingham. I had never heard of him. Supposed to be factory trained.

How long have you been servicing Ferraris? Nobody has ever asked me that..............

When did you last do a factory refresh course? Nobody has ever asked me that...............

Where are your Ferrari certificates? Nobody has ever asked me that............

How much will you charge to service my car? Nobody has ever asked me that..............

I had no further questions, it was the most ridiculous meeting, I was expecting Jeremy Beadle to pop out at any moment.

How does this tale relate to window chroming, engine rebuilding, car painting, diff rebuilding etc.? Do your OWN research, ask many questions, and be satisfied with ALL the answers.

Proper chrome plating is a 5 stage process and leaving out just one of the expensive stages will result in an inferior job, but you wont see that for maybe 5 years. If you can get an Elan window chrome plated for £150, good luck to you, but a proper job will cost upwards of £400.

Just like painting a car, anyone can get it to look good straight out of the gun. Its what it looks like in 5 - 10 years that I am interested in.

Leslie

PS. My car will go to DK to be serviced.
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: