Gold Leaf Team Lotus Elan?

PostPost by: ralph2 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:24 pm

First post, so go easy on me. I think I may be having a Mandela moment. As long as I can remember I have lusted after the Elan, it is the perfect embodiment of everything a car should be, with nothing more added. Chapman's legacy manifested if you like. But please, someone help me. Did the Lotus factory ever produce a car with the Gold Leaf Team Lotus badge on the doors? I don't mean the Sprint which is in the team colours. I mean the whole emblem like they had ( I believe) on the Europa. I think I'm going mad because that's the car I always see in my mind when I think of the S2 etc. but now I'm unsure if it ever existed. Hi and thanks. :)
ralph2
New-tral

PostPost by: trw99 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:02 am

No, not an Elan.

As you say, the icon Sprint in red over white was the closest they came to replicating the whole John Player logo.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 am

Ralph, I wonder if you may be thinking of the Type 47 Europas that were painted in Gold Leaf livery?

Mark
Attachments
zzz john player.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ralph2 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:22 am

Thanks guys for that. Extraordinary. I must have confused the Europa livery with the Elan Sprint, but over the decades that went from confused fiction to confused fact in my head! :roll:
ralph2
New-tral

Total Online: