Hardtop Storage

PostPost by: Ianashdown » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:09 am

I’m picking up a Hardtop tomorrow and wonder if anyone has any bright ideas for how to store it without taking up floor space. Should I hang in near the ceiling, hang it on the wall? Any thought as to how to do this safely and conveniently?

Thanks!

Ian
SoCal
Ianashdown
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Steve Brooks » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:59 am

Hello Ian, when we had a 300sl, the hardtop used to live in the garage in summer above my +2. I used 6 pieces of timber in a square u shape bolted to the roof rafters(if you have roof rafters visible in your garage).But only because it’s a uk single garage, if you have the room I would put it in a safe corner.Regards Steve
72 Elan +2S 130/5
Put in the garage after a mot pass in 2012,trying to make it back out.(Almost there)
Steve Brooks
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: LotusElon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm just restoring a Hardtop - got it on a double pulley system over the car (as used for bikes and clothes driers). I Plan to add a 3rd pulley to make it a 1-handed lifter.
IMG_8669.jpg and
'Lotus_Elon' to get another 50yrs of Elan Handling 'https://www.instagram.com/lotus_elon/'
LotusElon
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ianashdown » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:09 pm

That’s kind-of what I was thinking too. I’m not sure, however, if I have headroom above the garage door tracks.
Thank you.

Ian
SoCal
Ianashdown
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: