Importing Lotus Elan S2 from sweden

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:37 am

DHL is a worldwide international shipper like UPS. When i had a Hardtop shipped from UK it had to be in a certificated treated wooden crate. Before Brexit that was not requied.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:32 pm

"it had to be in a certificated treated wooden crate."

Would that not have been a French import requirement? It seems that lots of things have become hugely more complicated by the French asking for all sorts of tricky paperwork for import export. D
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:02 pm

No no no,
It's an international worldwide requirement.
Outside free Trade e.g. inside the EU is free Trade. Since Brexit the UK are by their own choice outside the EU. So UK is the same as any other country outside.
The free trade within the EU is a positive thing that people who voted for Brexit didn't consider important at the time of voting.
Some people now see there are some advantages in being part of the EU.
In the past when UK was in the EU i imported 6 different cars. Never any Customs to pay.
Sorry to be direct but as far as i know it's like that.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tonyabacus » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:34 am

With a number of responders saying use a good import agency, does anyone have names of companies they have used or can recommend. As is usually the case, it’s better to get a recommendation rather than having to risk some of the advertising material.
Tony
tonyabacus
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:07 pm

Should be no different to importing from the USA for example. Nova certification, pay your taxes. MOT to register and then declare historic and go pretty much.
Friend of mine did this with a 74 BMW from Germany the other day. Drove it home and on the road, completely legally in a few weeks.
The main people who whine about Brexit changing things and making it hard are those in Europe who used to make a killing buying cheap pre 1992 cars from the UK and then moving them on at a huge profit. £10k Caterhams sold at €20k+ for example.
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:24 am

Just for info Caterham are built up from Kits at a Town called Brou in the Eure et Loire dept 28 with lhd. By SV Moteurs with Licence so no need to import a Caterham.
With lhd people will pay higher price and prefer rather than rhd.
Alan
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: