Strange chassis number

PostPost by: MarkDa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 am

Pleased to hear that we can still get bare essentials provenance - might give it a go myself before they change their minds again :D
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Paul55 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks Tim, but this happened only a couple of months ago. My son bought a Caterham 7 in the UK, with a 100% correct UK V5c, but here they also need the cars weight and power on the logbook, the UK V5c doesn't have this info on. To get this info we had to book a reservation with another government department and pay for a rolling road check for the HP/KW's and another to have it weighed on a Government approved weigh scale. This cost several hundred euros and because of the Covid regulations here, there was a 3 months wait! I then contacted Caterham who sent me an official document stating the HP and the weight of a 1988 Caterham Super 7, the test people here wouldn't accept it and had to wait and pay. It was just done a couple of weeks ago, so it's legal here now. This being the case I doubt that they would accept anything from Lotus HQ I have already spoken to Andy Graham and my chassis number doesn't have much info against it.
Thanks for the idea though.
Paul.
Paul55
New-tral

PostPost by: Bits » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 pm

I sold a 1982 LHD 911SC to an English chap who was married to a Luxembourger. He had a hell of a time getting it MOT'd over there.
I had fitted Goodridge braided hoses - luckily I kept the receipt and he could prove where they were from.
Luckily, also for him, I kept all the original items.

I have read that you have to prove any old vehicle imported into Australia has no asbestos. This means you have to strip the car to prove it - cylinder head gasket etc.

Stunning!
Bits
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: