Elan Registry - Update

PostPost by: Unibrain » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:29 am

The Veg wrote:
Unibrain wrote:
The Veg wrote:Jim, there seem to be two listings for my car, (50/2036).

Let's go with The Veg. Thanks!

Fixed
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Donels » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Ref earlier post "I have 2 listings, the original and a repeat dated 2019-02-02. Can you delete the latter please."

As requested the chassis number is 72050751L.

Donels
Elan +2
Elise mk 1
Donels
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Unibrain » Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 pm

I've been tinkering with the ElanRegistry again and have finally implemented a way to transfer a car from one owner to another if it's sold. There are two cases A) if the owner doesn't create a new record for the car and B) if the new owner creates a second record for the car. Case A is easy. For case B, I decided to merge the history on the two cars and "delete" the old car. (It's not really deleted and I can get it back).

For an example of how this will look in the car listing, see this carhttps://elanregistry.org/app/car_details.php?car_id=965

Please have a look and let me know if you have any comments on the format or the information displayed. And before you comment on the multiple INSERTS, I don't know why.

history.png and
History example
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 am

Thank you Jim for your dedication and invaluable help to the community !

I hope that case B) will not open a can leading to a series of issues and calls for arbitration, e.g. when the same VIN is claimed by several people...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Unibrain » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm

nmauduit wrote:I hope that case B) will not open a can leading to a series of issues and calls for arbitration, e.g. when the same VIN is claimed by several people...

For duplicates that don’t mention a sale, I’ll contact the owners and see what information I can find. If two people do claim to have the same car we will cross that bridge and figure it out.
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: JLescenski » Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Are new people able to sign up? I tried to create an account and it will not let me.
JLescenski
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Unibrain » Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm

JLescenski wrote:Are new people able to sign up? I tried to create an account and it will not let me.

Yes new people and cars are allowed.

Registration is two steps.
1) Fill out the registration form
2) You will receive email at the address you used for the account. Click on the link to verify your email address.

After you've done that you can login.

If it doesn't work can you send me a screen shot or tell me what the page says so I can track down the issue?

( just created an account so it works for me. (I hate when I get this response when I report and issue!)
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Unibrain » Wed May 27, 2020 3:41 pm

I've received a couple messages that people can't reset their passwords. I suspect this is because the password reset links were valid for 15 minutes. I've upped this to 90 minutes in hopes this is the issue.

As an aside, I've noticed an increase in the number of SPAM accounts being created. These normally never follow through on the email verification and I delete them.
Unibrain
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elanner » Fri May 29, 2020 5:01 pm

I've always thought that the registry is neat and a great resource for the Elan community. And there are surely more cars that could be added.

Jeff, how about a link to it somewhere on this website? Hmm, next to the "Wiki - coming soon" link?! :-)

Nick
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: