Wish to contact original owner'68' Elan S3 SS #36/7863

PostPost by: lotustastic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello,

After receiving the Certificate of vehicle provenance on my '68 Elan S3 SS coupe, it notes that the original owner purchased the coupe directly from Lotus. Is anyone familiar with a M.H., Mike or Michael Taradash? It appears he raced on the West Coast and may still be active in Lotus community. Just curious as I would l like to speak with him to try to find some history of this SS coupe that I purchased. Evidently, he was fairly well known in the racing circuit via vintage races at Sonoma and Watkins Glen as recently as 2015, driving a Seven, Merlyn and also an owner and racer of a real 26R (Vin 26-S2-29) in the circuits for some time. Just curious if anyone may be an acquaintance or familiar with his name in the race circuits who may be able to help learn some background.

Thank you,

David Diefenthal
lotustastic
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan45 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:45 am

Try going through SVRA and/or HSR. Write something that they can pass though to him, rather than asking them to provide his contact info to you. Good luck in your search. I've tried to locate the original owners of both my S3 SS which came from Pittsburgh and my pre airflow Coupe which was new in Texas with a college prof.

I think Mike's home is NYC area or at least somewhere in New England.

Roger
'67 Elan S3 SS DHC
'67 Elan FHC pre-airflow
'67 Elan S3 SE upgrade to 26R by Original owner
'58 Eleven S2 (ex-works)
'62 20/22 FJ (ex-Yamura)
'70 Elan +2S RHD
'61 20 FJ project
'76 Modus M1 F3
Elan45
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm

I can ask my friends in CSRG (Classic Sports Racing Group) if they know him here in the SF Bay area, or some friends in SoCal who race with VARA. Please PM me with your contact info and I will forward your request.

I also have contact with the local SCCA region historian.

Regards,
Dan Wise
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotustastic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks all for the guidance and suggestions. I will follow up through those channels. Dan, I will PM my contact details.

Many thanks,

David D
lotustastic
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: