Heater/Dashboard bracket

PostPost by: ART » Sun May 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi
Can anybody supply dimensions or a drawing for the bracket that supports the heater and that the dash bolts to on a S4 Elan.? Or failing that has anybody got one they don't want or know of a supply of these!

Many thanks
Roger
ART
New-tral

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Fri May 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Roger,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am not sure what it is that you need, but I think you are referring to the bracket that Brian Buckland shows on page 565 of his book. If you have his book or an get a look at one please confirm that is what you need. I can make you a drawing of mine if nobody else has helped you so far.

Please let me know if you still need help.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ART » Fri May 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Richard
Nobody has replied yet and I don't have the Buckland book but it's the Y shaped piece that bolts to the chassis just forward of the gear lever, (8" bolt centres) the dash bolts to it with two chromed screws at its base (6" bolt centres) and the top legs of the Y bolt to a bracket fastened to the heater. The previous owner had made something completely different that interfered with the dash wiring and was so weak it allowed the heater to drop away from the plenum box!
I have started to make one in 2mm stainless but rough measurements would help if its not too much trouble.

Regards
Roger
ART
New-tral

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sun May 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Roger,

I will try to do you a drawing tomorrow. I will need to post it to you as my ability with the computer is limited.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Mon May 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Roger,

Like you this bracket was missing from my S4 Elan. I thought I had a bracket drawing, as I must have had some information to make it from, but cannot find anything, so have made a drawing today.

I am retired, and need to go to Sutton in Ashfield this week, possibly tomorrow. I don't know where you are in Derbyshire, but if you are close to Sutton in Ashfield I could deliver the drawing, and discuss with you. Failing that I will need a postal address to send you a copy.

Please reply, hopefully today.

Richard Hawkins 01472 840405
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: