Where are they now....

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:05 am

jono wrote:Brian Clarke was lovely bloke and was so helpful when I was doing my last Plus 2 - he seemed to just disappear, I hope he's okay.

Hi Jono,
Brian is doing fine and spends most of his time model engineering steam locomotives. As Steve said, his wife was sadly afflicted with dementia and he spent a lot of time caring for her at home up until about 3 years ago when she passed away. Brian is still involved with the Staffordshire branch of Club Lotus and would have been at NEC Classic show in Birmingham this year on the club stand if Covid restrictions hadn’t stopped that. He still has his Sprint and fettles it himself, the last time we spoke it was to discuss throttle position sensors as he has a similar fuel injection setup to my S4 duratec.
As for Lotuselan.net he found that it ate into his time too much to get involved especially when his wife was very unwell at the end and he had his own health issues that are now thankfully resolved.

Way into his 80’s now, he always sounds upbeat when we talk on the phone every 2 weeks or so and seems to have a busier social life than I do these days :D
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanner » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:54 pm

richardcox_lotus wrote:Thanks for the update. Regardless of what went on before, it’s always sad when an enthusiast passes away.

If you know Gary A, can you advise on how Beau is doing ?

Regards,
Richard

Beau died a while ago. I suppose it must be a couple of years now. A lovely old boy in the special way that golden labs/retrievers can be. He has not been replaced.

Nick
elanner
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:38 pm

RIP Beau... chasing balls in the sky I hope...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 am

Does anyone know anything about EnfoKen? I don't think he's been around for a little while and his "the garagista" website has not been updated since 2015 I seem to remember. I used to really like his inputs but have not seen any posts of his for a couple of years or more....

I too miss Gary & Ed (RIP) .... & Beau of course......

All the best
Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: