Sue Miller lack of service

PostPost by: cudabenefast » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:33 am

Does anybody know a supplier of +2 carpets and vinyl trim who will respond to emails and answer their phone?
cudabenefast
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 am

Matty?
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:15 pm

cudabenefast wrote:Does anybody know a supplier of +2 carpets and vinyl trim who will respond to emails and answer their phone?

You could try Paul Matty, as suggested.
I have only ever had first class personal service from Sue Miller. Hopefully, your thread title and comment will not put her off from continuing to supply components to us.
Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gino1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Must agree with Malcolm re your title...absolutely out of order and would modify this or remove.
Owing to the rudeness of your title, I presume you have never met her nor had past dealings with her.

Gino
Milano
Italy...
1964 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S2 Roadster
1965 Elan S3 Coupe
1968 Elan S4 Coupe
1969 Elan +2
1968 Lotus Seven S3
1982 Lotus Esprit S3
1961 Ford Anglia
2000 Lotus Elise Motorsport-56
gino1
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: HAIRY » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Hear, Hear! Modify or remove. Sue serves us well, with a genuine enthusiasm and kindness of spirit.
HAIRY
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:29 pm

To be fair to the OP it can 'appear' to him that in his perception of things he feels that this is the case. He is 11 hours ahead of us and it might be that when he calls is not a time when Sue is working/available. There have been a few moans on here before that response to emails is sporadic at best and that it's better to call either by phone or in person.

The OP might not be aware that Mrs M for the most part works alone and doesn't have the back up of staff as such to cover holidays or even lunch breaks.. It's probably a bit of frustration at not being able to get through rather than any lack of respect or an intentional insult.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:19 pm

I echo Steve's comments.

In this day of instant expectations created by Amazon and other large distributors, we have lost realization that many business focused on the restoration of old cars are cottage businesses. They are a one person operation focused on helping the marque versus making massive amounts of profit.

Sue is a great example of a cottage business. She took over after Mick, her husband, passed on and has continued his business helping Lotus owners. She is a one person business. As most cottage business that have been open for over 50 years, email and the internet are not the primary communication tool of the business.

As Sue indicates on her website, we may occasionally be collecting or delivering, so if you do not get us first time, please try again later or leave an answerphone message. As members have indicated, you have to just keep trying.

I have received several message concerning this post. The original poster voiced his opinion and frustration. This is something we are all able to do on this forum. The membership have indicated alternative options and support for Sue.

I imagine we all have been in the shoes of the original poster. We need something to get our car back on the road and none of the parts houses are open. Nobody can get us the parts we want, when we want them for the price we would prefer to pay for them. Don't forget the sympathy part of supporting the frustration of working on and restoring 50 year old Lotuses.

We all support one another and our suppliers in getting our Elans up to speed in our favorite corners.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm

There's a first time for everything! :D :D
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 pm

elanfan1 wrote:There's a first time for everything! :D :D

We must both be mellowing with <option> age, wine, weariness, all the above </option>

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: deryck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:23 pm

That's a shocking and very poor post and should be removed.
Sue has supplied me with many parts over the years and most elan owners are fully aware she works part time, and over the last few years her hours have reduced further.
sincerely hope she does not retire prematurely following this post
removal would be appreciated,
many thanks in anticipation
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Dear Cudabenefast,
As it looks like you are a new poster, we will give you the benefit of the doubt.
But, be warned! You will upset a shed load of people on this thread - including me - if you ever have a pop at Susan Miller.
Just read all this thread. I echo the sentiments, that without the likes of Susan Miller, the Lotus world would be a much poorer place.
Be patient. You will get what you need - AND a whole bunch of advise if you are polite.
Search the archives as well, you will see what a great service Susan gives to us all.

Kind regards
Jeff 72+2 and a massive Susan Miller fan!
jeff jackson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Very well said Jeff.

Once I got hold of Susan I found her very accommodating. Took a bit of patience though, and we are only 7 hours time difference. Maybe the OP will change the thread title when it all works out?

She even shipped two boxes of bulky items down the road to Spyder for insertion in my giant frame box, saving big $$ shipping to Canada. If the OP is getting quite a bit of stuff shipped to Down Under this may be a helpful option.

As you mention Plus 2 carpeting, I also got pre-cut sound proofing felts from her. Mine were too far gone to act as templates. Door panels look great as well.

HTH

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:09 pm

elanfan1 wrote:........He is 11 hours ahead of us and it might be that when he calls is not a time when Sue is working/available......

I'm pretty sure 99.99% of people living in Melbourne would have worked that one out prior to ringing the UK.
Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 1owner69Elan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I would echo heartily the sentiments regarding Susan Miller's dedication to helping the Lotus community.

I am in California and have found Susan to be responsive and very gracious. A true asset.

I would also mention that i have dealt with pretty much all of the other suppliers out there, worldwide. Many of them, being smallish enterprises, tend to be challenged in response time. But, Susan is actually better than some others.

She also tends to have particular items that others may not have. For example, she refurbished my original 1969 S4 seat belts timely and at quite reasonable expense. This was something that my other suppliers were not prepared to provide.
'69 Elan S4 SE
Street 181 BHP
Original owner
1owner69Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Stevie-Heathie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:32 pm

In many years of dealing with Sue I have never experienced anything other than first class service from her.

I would suggest that the title of the thread is updated. It seems the original poster was enquiring about suppliers of carpets and trim so that is what should be reflected in the title.

Steve
1967 S3 SE DHC
1970 +2S (RIP - went out in a blaze of glory in 2001)
Stevie-Heathie
Third Gear
Third Gear

Next

Total Online: