anti theft swich

PostPost by: alan.barker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 pm

At least the wires are colour coded. You need to do the wiring on a TVR, on my 3000S they are all black :shock:
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: prezoom » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm

I am in the beginnings of repairing/restoring/modifying the wiring harness in the engine compartment of my Plus2. The DPO, or others, used electrical tape to wrap the harness, rather than harness tape. This has resulted in leaving the wiring very gooey. The car has the later style wiring, with printed color codes rather than the embedded type of the older wiring. I attempting to clean the wire, I have found that solvents can remove the color coding. Has anyone found a suitable cleaning agent that will not damage the printed style of color coding?

This morning I am going to try a dish washing liquid. I have found Ivory dish washing liquid is excellent for cleaning grease and other grime from dirty hands and around finger nails when employing a finger nail brush. For me, it works better than the pump type hand cleaners. It also doesn't seem to damage the skin. Hopefully it will not remove the print from the wiring.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:03 am

Try Sugar Soap on a small sample of the wire. It is brilliant at getting greasy marks off painted surfaces, so there is a fair chance that it will not take your colour coding off.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ElanDNA » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:49 pm

prezoom wrote:I am in the beginnings of repairing/restoring/modifying the wiring harness in the engine compartment of my Plus2. The DPO, or others, used electrical tape to wrap the harness, rather than harness tape. This has resulted in leaving the wiring very gooey. The car has the later style wiring, with printed color codes rather than the embedded type of the older wiring. I attempting to clean the wire, I have found that solvents can remove the color coding. Has anyone found a suitable cleaning agent that will not damage the printed style of color coding?

This morning I am going to try a dish washing liquid. I have found Ivory dish washing liquid is excellent for cleaning grease and other grime from dirty hands and around finger nails when employing a finger nail brush. For me, it works better than the pump type hand cleaners. It also doesn't seem to damage the skin. Hopefully it will not remove the print from the wiring.

Hi
I think this is the best:
USA: drugstore, gas station white gas, naphtha, blazo, coleman fuel
(in German: Reinbenzin, Waschbenzin, Wundbenzin)
No attacks on the paint. Is not very explosive.
Cheers Urs
ElanDNA
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: