Elan Sprint on cover of Fall 2016 Griot's Garage Catalog

PostPost by: pharriso » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Griot's Garage is a vendor of car care products here in the States with a Web site (http://www.griotsgarage.com & a catalogue.

The new catalog feature's Tom Lee's Federal Elan Sprint (0295K) which he recently had restored in Washington State. I have scanned the front & rear covers:
Griot_ElanSprint_0295K_Fall2016_Reduced.pdf
(330.35 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

Tom bought his car off Bring A Trailer just over a year ago http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-lotus-elan-sprint/
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: lotocone » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 am

Thanks for the links. A friend mentioned the pictures on the catalog today, but I don't receive it. I always liked those colors :D
Bob
1969 S4
lotocone
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:59 am

now let me get this right..... he bought it on BaT for $42K and then had it taken apart, modified/upgraded and reassembled to what we see now??
must be nice to be able to throw money around like that.
beautiful car then and now.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:18 pm

The link to griotsgarage.com/covercars leads to some fabulous-looking cars but not, as far as I can see, to the Sprint. One of the cars shown is a 2015 Dodge Charger which looks great, in what appears to be Pistaccio! I remember seeing two Lambo Miuras, in this colour, blasting up the King's Road in Chelsea back in the early 70's.

I think I've only once before seen 26/R wheels fitted to an S4 shell, they look pretty huge and really emphasise how much "fatter" the 26/R wheel arches are over even S4 arches. This car does not have the tiny side/parking white lights adjacent to the front indicators, is that normal for US spec, or has the owner deleted them?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 pm

elansprint71 wrote:The link to griotsgarage.com/covercars leads to some fabulous-looking cars but not, as far as I can see, to the Sprint.

I'm assuming that they will post the Elan pictures there at some point in the future.

elansprint71 wrote:This car does not have the tiny side/parking white lights adjacent to the front indicators, is that normal for US spec, or has the owner deleted them?

Yes, that's a federal thing, same with the repeaters on the front fenders... adding lightness!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I think I've only once before seen 26/R wheels fitted to an S4 shell, they look pretty huge and really emphasise how much "fatter" the 26/R wheel arches are over even S4 arches.

I've seen pictures of this car with restored original wheels, looks better to me...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: