Sprint versus S3

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon May 16, 2016 12:41 pm

My S2 lacks the creature comforts of the S3, but it feels more modern, it doesn't rattle or creak like the 'unrestored' S3.

I had my cars corner weighed, it really made a difference, I recommend it.

I have a lovely S4 S/E dhc and I will build that differently to the other two :D
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Tue May 17, 2016 8:42 am

billwill wrote:
Changing the Colour or Interior colour/style fitting bigger brakes,better drive shafts,5 speed gear box etc etc so what they end up with is a modern driving car

And what is it if these changes were made 40 years ago ?

We do exactly what the customer requires, if they want an as factory car yes that's what we do, the car is always stripped and retrimmed anyway so makes no difference to us if it's returned to factory spec. If the car was modified 40 years ago then there is a good chance those bits will be worn/damaged so may get returned to stock, updated or fixed again what ever the customer requires.

From my experience, Lotus cars tend to be the most modified (very rare to see a bone stock one as it left the factory) ironically things like S1 E-types that are not nice to drive and in my opinion could do with better brakes etc always go back to stock (worth much more that way)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: