S2 What do you think about this specific car (pictures)

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:15 pm

testdriver wrote:The ad says ''it has already the later twin cam engine'', does that mean the owner does not know what he is selling...?

Looks to me the opposite. It has an early head with the half moons in the middle.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:26 am

The early type head is correct for this age car I believe - maybe the ad is referring to it having a 6 bolt lip seal crank bottom end rather than the earlier 4 bolt rope seal crank.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tvacc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:22 am

I sold my Series 2 last year to a fellow LOONY. Needs a small amount of work, mostly just driving now and working out small issues. My friend who has an Exige and a large family has decided that there is a huge difference between an Exige and an early Elan. I realize we are in Buffalo NY, but it might be worth it with the price difference. On the other hand I would be nervous selling a car to someone so far away as everyone's expectations are so different.
Tony Vaccaro
LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
http://www.lotusowners.com
Drive Fast Take Chances
ElanGTS, 93 Caterham, 05 Elise,
99 Elise190, 05 Elise, 2005 MiataSpeed Turbo
tvacc
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tvacc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:23 am

I sold my Series 2 last year to a fellow LOONY. Needs a small amount of work, mostly just driving now and working out small issues. My friend who has an Exige and a large family has decided that there is a huge difference between an Exige and an early Elan. I realize we are in Buffalo NY, but it might be worth it with the price difference. On the other hand I would be nervous selling a car to someone so far away as everyone's expectations are so different.
Tony Vaccaro
LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
http://www.lotusowners.com
Drive Fast Take Chances
ElanGTS, 93 Caterham, 05 Elise,
99 Elise190, 05 Elise, 2005 MiataSpeed Turbo
tvacc
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: