New to forum

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:35 pm

luffy wrote:Thanks Dnicholls. just to spread myself around the Elan is on Stromburgs and Europa Dellorto!!!
Thanks also to the forum on door hinges mega advice the square would have kept me guessing for hours. Mission successful on drivers side today. still trying to get bottom to line up better but I think its a 2 man job? one inside to tighten bolts and the other outside pushing.
Started on the broken window cable today, how does the motor stop when fully closed? The guy I bought from said he had tried to do this but looks like cable snapped????? Hard to believe from stainless? Would have expected pully's to break first?

On the subject of window cables there's a helpful topic here lotus-chassis-f36/tearing-hair-out-section-window-cables-t21182.html

Alex Black has developed some handy little bolts for securing the cable to the glass that don't require the patience of a saint or the delicacy of a neuro surgeon Alexblack13 on here.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Fredtech » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Luffy. Saw your post, welcome to Elan net. Just thought to drop you a line as we are pretty local to you, living over in Ascot. There are a couple of local boys around. Always good for odd spares and advice. Got a sprint and rebuilding an early series-1 car myself and Brian, who is also local and well known on this forum has a sprint and a S2. Brian also had Europa's in the past, so also has a knowledge on them as well.
Always welcome to drop round and see our cars, Brian and myself would be interested to see yours as well.
Drop me a line if that fits in at all, be happy to talk cars / parts/ where to get stuff done, etc......
John "Freddie" Nelson, Berks UK
26/3212 - Rebuilding
S4-Sprint DHC - Now at a new home.....
Fredtech
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: