Chassis number question

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:15 pm

billwill wrote:. This is what you should always use in dealing with DVLA]

Can't agree with that one Bill, first thing DVLA will ask is the registration no. They might need to refer to the chassis no. at some point but the DVLA have no facility to search by chassis no.

OP I think we need to see some photos. I'm thinking there's probably a typo on the V5 a certificate of provenance should sort that out.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:49 am

elanfan1 wrote:
billwill wrote:. This is what you should always use in dealing with DVLA]

Can't agree with that one Bill, first thing DVLA will ask is the registration no. They might need to refer to the chassis no. at some point but the DVLA have no facility to search by chassis no.

OP I think we need to see some photos. I'm thinking there's probably a typo on the V5 a certificate of provenance should sort that out.

I meant, when giving the details to correspond with the Registration number (plate).

i.e as far as the DVLA are concerned give the Lotus Unit Number as the DVLA Chassis Number.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Greg Cozier » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:32 am

Thanks for all the input lads.

I bought the car last year in bits, a racecar project with aftermarket 26R chassis and a twink of unknown origin. I bought the project to build a 26R replica historic rally car. To get an HTP in the correct era it needs to have the right period chassis and registration numbers, hence the research.
Greg Cozier
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 am

I guess then that the important question is have you got the VIN plate (pictured above) on the body, since that will be the identity of the Elan.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dgym » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

this may be of no use (im not really understanding what v5 registration is)

but,
records for my car (1967 S3) from the dvla indicate it was "not previously registered" before 1972.
It turns out that when they say "not previously registered" they mean they have no record of it as the records before then weren't kept.
The car was in reality first registered in 1967.
I was guessing for a while that it began it's days in a different country or as a race car.
36/6612
1967 S3 Coupe (left the factory in 66)
original rego PPC 8E
original owner B.M. Wetherill ..are you out there?
dgym
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: