First drive 2014

PostPost by: posulliv » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm

I'd forgotten just how much I love this car. Finally a decent day.

Check the fluids, inflate the tires, unplug the battery tender.

And drive.

Now I remember why I put up with all the headaches over the years. An Elan in good running order on a sunny spring day is a magical beast.

Thank you, weather gods, and thank you Lotus Elan list members, whose sage advice I soak up in winter's silence.
Attachments
photo 2.jpg and
photo 1.jpg and
posulliv
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Looking good, better than good - superb!

I was out in my S3 today as it's forty-seven years to the day that it was delivered to it's first owner.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Me too. We had the sprint up at Club Lotus N E Scotland meeting . Ran very well. Lost my speedo on the way back down though. Turned out to be the little right angle drive on top of the 5 speed box. So out it came and my spare fitted. 2hrs later I was out in the sunshine again...

Waw!!

Only problems now is us. Both Carol and I are both struggling to get into and out of the car now. So painful... :roll:

Needs must! :wink:

Al'...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Mine came out of storage Friday:
OutOfStorage.jpg and

The gear lever snapped Sunday afternoon, ahh the joys of Lotus ownership! :roll:

p.s. Having been in storage for nearly 5 months I forget what a joy it is to drive an Elan!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Howie97630 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Finished my first drive for '14, by driving the 67 S3 I originally bought from the factory,back from Little Rock, Ar. to Oregon, 2,169 miles. My friend who had it since 68 willed in back to me when he passed away. Great drive,other than finally after replacing battery, and finding it dead again when arriving home, realizing I'd missed a disconnected ground wire from the starter selenoid. This makes two S3's and a very parted out S2 in my collection. BTW, vehicle I drove back does have an S2 body, as my wife took it for a famous trip off a cliff some years ago. The other S3 is primed and getting ready for paint, then final rebuild and restoration. Summer does call, but how DOES one drive two Elans at one time?? (with a grin?)
Howie97630
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 pm

I guess i'm spoilt in S Cal. Been driving all year, but its hard to find good roads that suit the car. There are a few!
James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: