Quick Introduction - a new Elan owner

PostPost by: mrpeugeot » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:26 am

Hello,

I thought I'd briefly introduce myself, as I will likely become an active part of this community starting over the next few weeks.

This past weekend, I purchased a 1967 Elan S/E (chassis no. 45/7287). Some of you in the SF Bay Area might have seen it advertised locally (it was the one with the Sprint-like paint job, 5.5" gold Revolution wheels and RHD).

While the reality of what I have just done is sinking in, I am also starting to take stock of what needs to be done - mainly, a refresh of the brakes and suspension. I'm planning on doing the brakes myself, while leaving the suspension work to more capable hands. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions as I dive in!

Other than the Elan, I have accrued a motley fleet of other British vehicles, including a Land Rover Discovery (the daily driver), a '70 Triumph Spitfire Mk3, and an '80 Rover 3500 SD1. In a prior life, I primarily had French and Italian cars (hence the handle).

In any case, I look forward to participating here, and I've already been perusing a treasure trove of great tips and writeups from the past.

Thanks!

Adam
SF, CA
mrpeugeot
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello Adam,

Welcome to the fold. I think you found yourself a really nice Elan. Golden Gate Lotus Club http://www.gglotus.org is available for local activities. Mike Ostrov may have one of his famous Saturday "Shop Days" where we all get together in El Cerrito for Lotus discussions, tuning, coffee and donuts, then later a tour around the local east bay hills. Always a great time.

Regards,
Dan Wise
S3 Super Safety 45/7279
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Dear Adam,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:46 pm

congratulaions adam...welcome to the fold!!
I note your car at least has the steering wheel on the 'correct' side!!! :lol:

:D fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: therolfie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Well done, now the fun begins! Welcome to the friendly world of Lotus ownership.
White +2s, S4 in bits & the practical Honda!
therolfie
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mrpeugeot » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Dan - thanks for the tip! In fact, one of the first things I did was join the GG Lotus Club, so I hope I'll be able to make it to the next event to meet you and other members.

Adam
mrpeugeot
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: