1972 Lotus Elan Sprint for Sale

PostPost by: sprints » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Manufactured 8/20/71 ? sold as 1972
Chassis # 7108.000190K Federal Twin Cam engine with 2 175CD Stromberg carburetors
Engine # G/24100
Carnival Red with Gold bumpers
Single family owned since new purchased spring 1972 from Figge Motors, Topeka, Kansas
Total Mileage 41,840 ? 331 miles since completed restoration in 2009. Car resides smoke-free home in heated garage, and protected by car cover. Since restoration never in rain or snow

For details and pics see http://www.johnaker.org. Many extras including original glass.
Car was rewired By Mark Doubet (mini55) a frequent contributor on Lotus Elan.net.
John Aker
Attachments
Lotus.JPG and
sprints
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello all,
John is so modest this is an incredible rebuild! Nothing was left untouched in his process down to every nut bolt and screw.
If you want to own one of the nicest as new sprints this one is it.
I have had the honor of helping John sort this car back to running order and can provide a considerable amount of knowledge and attest to its condition and quality of workmanship. John has struggled with selling this for sometime since it is finished and I wish he would drive it for a while before he sells it.
I really hope this car finds a good caring new owner as John has been the best keeper to date. If John can't answer any questions feel free to contact me as I have seen every inch on the car.
Best of luck with the sale and purchase!

Mark(memini55)
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: sprints » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 pm

The 72 Elan Sprint is no longer for sale. I have decided to keep the car.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the website and view the car.
John
sprints
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:48 pm

sprints wrote:The 72 Elan Sprint is no longer for sale. I have decided to keep the car.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the website and view the car.
John

Good for you! Enjoy it for the summer.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PanoGuy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm

John,
Beautiful car. Mine is just a bit earlier, 4/71 and serial number 0159K. They sure were not producing very many right about then. Does yours have the vertical seam in the fiberglass below the trunk that I associate with the later cars? Most of the rest of the details on yours seem quite similar to mine. And what color were the original steel wheels?
Doug C
PanoGuy
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: