Modified Elan with Zetec

PostPost by: Bob » Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi,
Yes mine is the Met Blue one I bought it half built a couple of years ago. Neil was going to complete it but to busy in the end. I going to have a nice mod on it. I was looking to fit some MX5 heated seats comfort for my good lady. But instead I have found these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250734058660? ... 1497.l2649
Andy thinks they will work a treat.

My S4 is a Neil Myres conversion and very good it is too its .89 in 6th gear. The nice thing about it is the gear stick is in the right place without someone telling you it look no different from standard. I have a 3.55 diff in mine hence my 1700 engine I still have the original engine and gearbox so I can easily convert back if I need to. But it does look nice with webers on it.

I have changed all the springs and dampers for Tony Thompson set up and fitted 13 inch minilites. disk and calipers are all sorted out as are all the bearings and bushes although the bushes were "fun" to remove I wont dwell here. Sure others have had the same problem. If anybody want to know how to remove wishbones from chassis pins that have not been assembled with copper slip PM me.

Bob
S4, S2 and a +2 Zetec on the way
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Stratosboy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi, I've recently bought Mark B's well put together, part finished zetec elan project.
Oct 2012 172.JPG and

I'm going to take my time with this and enjoy the build, so probably wont be finished until spring 2014
as you can see it is a new body moulding with lots of finishing required. I also have a new Lenham hartop on order for when it all goes for painting. will be yellow over white sprint colours.
009.JPG and

rolling chassis has been very professionally built by Mark, with much care. I hope I can follow his example!!
elan build 2012 001.JPG and

elan build 2012 010.JPG and

I'll post more when as I progress with the build.
Dave
Stratosboy
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: