Amber Side Repeater?

PostPost by: richard sprint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm looking for one amber side repeater with alloy bezel - I have the backing plate its just the plastic cover I need to complete resto - and four domed 2ba attachment screws.

Please dig down into those spare spares!

Thanks
richard sprint
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nigelrbfurness » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 pm

There are two types - the earlier S4s had Lucas repeaters as fitted to Maxis, 1300s etc type L734, there are plenty on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucas-L734-Pa ... 2c61ba7070

The later type (1969 on) are no longer available (some joker advertised a pair for ?400 on Ebay recently) however an identical equivalent is available from Sparto, the lens will probably fit your base but the whole item is relatively inexpensive.

Good luck with your search.
1970 S4SE/1760cc big valve/SA-AX block, L2s, 45DCOEs, 1978 Jensen GT, 1962 AH Sprite, Alfa-Romeo 159, 1966 Bristol Bus, 1947 AEC Regal bus.
nigelrbfurness
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm

nigelrbfurness wrote:The later type (1969 on) are no longer available (some joker advertised a pair for ?400 on Ebay recently) however an identical equivalent is available from Sparto, the lens will probably fit your base but the whole item is relatively inexpensive.

Good luck with your search.

There was a thread about the ?400 side repeaters (which I had sold to the guy in an earlier ebay auction for ?250ish) here:

elan-f15/ebay-getting-beyond-joke-t23531.html

I'd like to know where you think an 'identical' lens to the Sparto side repeater is available from - as far as I am aware there aren't any available. There are some similar but infact completely different you can buy from car accessory shops that have a ridge along the the centre of them (which the original Sparto's don't have) - if you were to hold one of each side by side they are as different as chalk and cheese.

If identical ones are indeed available please post up a source.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:46 pm

HI,
I bought a pair of the Sparto indicators off ebay for about ?2.00. They almost identical to the original units (you have to look very closely to see the fine difference in the pattern on the lenses) but they do not come with the metal trim.

Carl
(I would try Susan Miller)
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: