WARNING ELAN FRAUD

PostPost by: billwill » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm

A search using Google for "Toni Materazzi"

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100& ... l2-1.1l2l0

Shows that 'he' is associated with at least THREE OTHER domains with similar names !!

Here is one of them. http://www.etm-express.com/
Which is a site in preparation on the same hosting service, presumably being made ready in case the first one is rumbled.

Alas Ray you are unlikely to see your money again, I have no idea how to contact them, but I guess you need Interpol.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

well there Elan 45 you are from from Ohio --I see ---ewe dont have many many sheep there ,just a mediocre football team,[ gooooooo Buckeyes ],the Michigan people got it right away , but Ill try to explain--you see the joke part is ---- better ask a Scotsman - :wink: --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm

RAY, I for one am pleased (and surprised given some of the posts) that you haven`t deserted Elan.net and thankyou to anyone who brings matters like this, or any matter of actual interest, to our attention.
Like for like, in my experience here in the UK, identical condition Elans are worth around twice as much as a +2. I wouldn`t offer an opinion why, it`s just the market place.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 pm

The guy's been scammed out of 7K Euros in attempting to buy an Elan, comes on here to ask for help and then the thread is used to swap lame jokes about livestock. :twisted: There are times when I wonder...
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 pm

hatman wrote:The guy's been scammed out of 7K Euros in attempting to buy an Elan, comes on here to ask for help and then the thread is used to swap lame jokes about livestock. :twisted: There are times when I wonder...

Yes my thoughts exactly! he must think what a bunch of xxxxxxx :!:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Hatman,

take another look through the whole thread before being so critical please.

Maybe I'm to blame for that drift when I suggested that this thread had lost its way & got pi55ed off with mixed communications with regard to someone suggesting that dual identities were being used on here for possibly subversive reasons.
Something which he still has not substantiated & to be frank, I couldn't give a toss now!

My suggestion to revert to jokes etc. was misinterpreted & what I was implying was let's drop it all.
Thankfully some members have been able to help the original poster & I have to admit that right back at the beginning that I thought it to be an "odd" 1st posting. :oops:
We are all fallible :roll:

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 pm

well we offered our condolances so short of taking a collection [ a whip around as you call it] there is nothing else to be done ----we stand warned and I thank him for that --you can send him a few hundred pounds if it makes you feel better --ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I have just read the entire thread and wonder where all the rudity came from.
Does anyone know Ray? What would he gain from his first post? Is it a possibility that he has actually been parted from his money in a not-so-nice-manner? Did he write that he loves Alfa's because of their rust-free history?

This is really the first time I have wondered where the manners have gone since I became a member of this forum. The mind boggles....

Cheers
Jens - who doesn't know Ray but likes Alfa's nevertheless.

EDIT: Is this really a TECHNICAL - ELAN DISCUSSION or should the topic be moved to another place?
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Carlos A » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Dear Ray:

I agree with Jens and others.

Despite what you read in some posts, this is a nice forum with decent people. I am sad that several members that I admire because of their past generosity helping me and others with diverse questions, have displayed such rudeness. I think they were just trying to be funny and failed miserably.

I am sorry for what happened to you and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. I wish we could be of more help.

Gracias y animo!

Carlos A
http://yourgarage.nbc.com/cars/Lotus1970?vehicleID=112804

BUY GAS WITHOUT ETHANOL: http://www.pure-gas.org/
Carlos A
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: melon.28 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi,

I' Just have news from Mrs Johanna Doblhofer <[email protected]> !!!

Few months ago when i' show the add on http://www.autoscout24.co.uk" I' ask for more info
about this ! I never have answer but have this today.

It seems she find news customer !!!

Here is copy of this Mail :

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I was on holiday till now. Maybe you are still interested in the car.

I confirm the price of 7900 euro.

Below are some details and reasons for selling:

Situation of the car: The car is in excellent condition, no flaws or any other mechanical problems. It comes with the title, bill of sale, history book, serviced only with authorized representatives, etc.

Other details: cabrio, oldtimer, 04/1965, blue, 91500 km, 2 seats, gasoline, 1600 cm3, 78 kw, 106 hp, manual transmission, soft-top, leather interior, classic certificate, fully restored in 1995, good condition.

Reasons for selling: I used to work for a company located in Austria. 2 months ago I moved to a new company, which is located in Liverpool , UK. I plan on staying in Liverpool for a long time, and driving here with a left steering car can be a complete nightmare. I haven't adapted quite well, and I want to buy a car with a right steering to fit the roads and rules that apply here.

Also, this car was a gift from my ex-husband. We are not together anymore, and I want to get rid off all his things.

I am in Liverpool, and the car is also here. The car can be shipped or you can come to take it.

I look forward to your answer.

Johanna Doblhofer
melon.28
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Suggest you reply along the lines of:

'Hi Johanna and many thanks for the reply.

I am very interested in the car still and would like to arrange a viewing as I am highly likely to purchase it. The car being in Liverpool is fantastic for me as I live nearby. If you could give me a contact telephone number I can arrange to come along with the cash as long as you have all the paperwork to complete the legal formalities. I am free almost all of this week.'

IF and it is a big IF, you get any sort of positive reply I supect Ray will be very interested to accompany you as will the local Plod. Bear in mind it is not unknown for a meeting to be set up and for the customer to be robbed with violence or weapons!!

It is a dream of course but it would be great to catch some of these bastards
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:43 pm

The same car is being sold by the same Johanna IN STOCKHOLM and IN OSLO. Apart from that it has recently been sold somewhere else in Sweden according to THIS.

Isn't it weird that no one seems to care about this? Do you think it is time to inform the Swedish police?

Cheers

Jens
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: worzel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi

I actually live in Liverpool- so if you could get any more details about the firm in question's location and just where the car is in Liverpool I might be able to find out something for you. No strings attached I assure you.

Regards

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I was thinking...how about an on-line reporting system. Did a Google and:

"Mr Wainwright, a former senior official with the UK's Serious and Organised Crime Agency, said Europol was stepping up its fight against internet-based crime ahead of the opening of a planned cyber crime centre, funded by the European Commission.

Europol, an EU-wide police intelligence agency based in The Hague, already had a "dedicated intelligence project designed to identify the most significant cyber criminals operating in Europe", Mr Wainwright told the committee.

He said the next stage was to launch an "internet crime reporting online system"."

(Ref: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12004134)

But reporting is one thing...what action from it (in practise) when it gets going?? Still, it's a start.
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

So tell her you want to pick it up and you will bring cash ....take a cop with you ...greed always works ..ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: