Experimental Elan Rally Car

PostPost by: triumphrallying » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 pm

I feel a bit of an interloper here although I used to own a +2 and now have an Esprit S3. I'm writing a book on the rallying history of the Triumph 2000 and 2.5PI from 1963 to 2010 and there is a link with the Elan rally car of 1966 - two drivers. first Brian Culcheth and then Terry Hunter. I'm trying to clarify some points about the car and the events it did - I know it did at least four events before it should have done the RAC in 1966 (it didn't).

Ideally I'd like to contact Brian Walton who I understand is the present owner of the car or anyone else who might be able to clarify the spec of the car and the events it did.

Cheers,

Peter
triumphrallying
New-tral

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Peter

I take it you have already seen this write up by Brian

http://www.lotuselan.net/publish/experi ... elan.shtml

piss-ant
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: triumphrallying » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 am

Hi, Yes, I've read Brian's article and that's part of the problem! What he has written conflicts with some of the information I have so that's why I need to check it out - he may have found out more since he wrote his article.

Thanks
triumphrallying
New-tral

PostPost by: skelteanema » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 am

Is Brian still about? He used to be quite active on this forum, but it is quite a while since I have seen a post from him. I wonder whther he has finished the restoration of his rally Lotus Elan.
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: