S2 OR S3 Elan in the Midlands area??

PostPost by: finn » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:09 pm

Hi,

My Father and I are currently (slowly)restoring a series 3 FHC Elan. We are at the stage of putting the dash back in and sorting all the wiring. We could really do with seeing an engine bay so we can see where all the wires go etc! We are at Wellesbourne Nr Stratford Upon Avon in the Midlands if anybody has one near by we could visit and take pics etc!!

Please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks

Grant. :D
finn
New-tral

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:08 pm

Why not pop up to Paul Matty, they're only just up the road in Bromsgrove.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige
(hrrm, help a future purchaser of spare parts)
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tdafforn » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi,
Am nearby (Kenilworth) but unfortunately only have a +2S130, but you're welcome to look at anything else that may be common (suspension, engine gearbox etc)
or if you fancy a ride!
Cheers
tim
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:06 pm

Mines an S4 in Telford. Give us a shout if you want pics

mark
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi,

I have some photos others have already made use of. If you let me have your email address I could send you them. You are also welcome to see my car which is partially stripped down, paintwork included!

Karl 8)

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: andy73sprint » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:51 am

I live in Lichfield if I can help with any pictures let me know. Andy:P

73 DHC Sprint
andy73sprint
New-tral

PostPost by: finn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:05 am

Thanks to all that have replied, it's nice to know there is a good elan community in the Midlands. We need to go to Paul Matty to get a window switch for the dash so we may try our luck there, failing this I will send a p.m to one of you,

Thanks again.
finn
New-tral

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi..I'm near Gloucester and have a '67 S3 Coupe SE which is in original spec. Let me know if you want to visit / or have any photos.
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Matt7c » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Hi..I'm near Gloucester and have a '67 S3 Coupe SE which is in original spec. Let me know if you want to visit / or have any photos.
Mark

Mark,

Is your Elan lime green? I live in Gloucester and saw a lime green machine a few months back on the A38 heading into town. Was it you? Mine's a red S2.

Matt
Matt7c
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi Matt
No it's refrigerator white (or more properly Cirrus White), but hasn't been on the road for a couple of years due to house restoration etc. However, 2006 it will be back! It's all done and ready to be revived...just need to fettle her back from the slumber. I have seen that Lime (Pistachio?) green car as well, and a few others around Gloucester, including a very tasty looking Yellow S4 convertible. I'm knee deep in Lotii at the moment, with a few Plus 2s in the wings, and one in the middle of a bare-shell restoration (just purchased...all the mechanical work completed, paint to be done, bits mising...you probably know what I mean!). If you're interested in a peep, drop me a PM. I'm on the west side out towards Newent.
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: