Modified Elan s3 1/2

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 pm

elan6speed wrote:Hi all, don't know whether anyone is interested but I had to tell someone, I had a S4 which I rebuilt and kept for 10 years travelling all over Europe having sold it 2 years ago missed it terribly. So new project build an elan not concours but trying to remedy all the bits I wasn't happy with. So S3 1/2 has Spyder chassis, Vegantune engine, will have 6 speed sequential box, LSD, solid drive shafts and that's so far. Its a really interesting project! My first comment on this site and not sure if I can upload photos maybe someone can advise.

All I can say is welcome to the 'club'.

I for one really like "upgrades" on our cars as long as they don't affect the visual appearance. I still respect the purists who get upset at this attitude - some of whom can get really offensive, but I just smile and say live-and-let-live. :)

More details of the 6 speed box would be welcome.

However, we do have one objection (don't we Gary?) please tell us your name and location as this is really a friendly forum where anonymity is not necessary.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm

bcmc33 wrote:
elan6speed wrote:However, we do have one objection (don't we Gary?) please tell us your name and location as this is really a friendly forum where anonymity is not necessary.

Well here is a link to the introductions page.
free-parking-f19/please-introduce-your-self-and-welcome-lotuselan-net-t19204.html

Not sure why Jeff doesn't like stickies, somethings just arn't important but some things are. To get to know folks is just the begining of a fruitful stay and I like to call folk by there given name. Many I will forget but without the practice, it's damn sure I truely will. I guess jeff want to keep my post count up as I think he knows how much I like repeating this boring stuff.
Anyway welcome to Elan.net what ever your name is.

Gary E. Anderson
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:29 am

Arrogant, grumpy old bugger, bad manners....... that's me. You missed pedantic, argumentative and short-tempered.

Perhaps I've been here too long, read too many similar threads? Perhaps I should follow Keith Franks?

Continue to discuss hot-rods without me; btw VW do a fantastic 7-speed auto box with a superb little turbo-engine; OK it's front-wheel drive but that's just a minor detail.

Bye.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gav » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:46 pm

For what its worth, I too tire of insults on owners sites - particularly in the classifieds (eg uphill racers). If the subject isn't of interest, dont bother replying at all - there's no need to be rude, arrogant or whatever.

Ed - Has the time now come to introduce a not strictly original section to protect the purists from feeling the need castigate non purists?

Whilst my sprint looks original from the outside (apart from the wheels), it has a few harmless mods that make the car even better. I would like to be able to discuss mods without insults. I sincerely hope we dont need to regulate ourselves (as in the excessively health and safety world in which we are now forced to live) to prevent us appearing a closed shop and putting off new owners.

Thanks
Gavin
One day I'll actually finish - completely - one day....
gav
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:13 pm

A little more to the bad mannered ".....yawn......" Since North America's do not have the same English capability as us home spun lot, apart from shall we say "ask not what" or "I had a dream" and my own capabilities with the language are very limited, the the best thing to do is look to an expert, "Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act"

We all know who gave us this advise.
S4, S2 and a +2 Zetec on the way
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Bob wrote:A little more to the bad mannered ".....yawn......" Since North America's do not have the same English capability as us home spun lot, apart from shall we say "ask not what" or "I had a dream" and my own capabilities with the language are very limited, the the best thing to do is look to an expert, "Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act"

We all know who gave us this advise.

Advice; Shirley? :lol:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 pm

elan6speed wrote:Hi all, don't know whether anyone is interested but I had to tell someone, I had a S4 which I rebuilt and kept for 10 years travelling all over Europe having sold it 2 years ago missed it terribly. So new project build an elan not concours but trying to remedy all the bits I wasn't happy with. So S3 1/2 has Spyder chassis, Vegantune engine, will have 6 speed sequential box, LSD, solid drive shafts and that's so far. Its a really interesting project! My first comment on this site and not sure if I can upload photos maybe someone can advise.

A man after my own heart :wink: Change all the bits you didn't like when you had the 'Standard Original' car and make it to your own taste on this new project, I approve totally. The current fashion is to try to keep originality wherever you can, my own take on that is to change the bits that can't be seen and keep the bits that can be seen.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 pm

I have been called a lot of thing but Shirley I never have been, but then I played with the boys in the forwards not the girls in the backs as you seem to have done. Suggest you read the advice again.
S4, S2 and a +2 Zetec on the way
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:04 pm

this is as good a "discussion" as the 26R real or fake discussions that have occured in the past. 8)
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 am

Bob wrote:I have been called a lot of thing but Shirley I never have been, but then I played with the boys in the forwards not the girls in the backs as you seem to have done. Suggest you read the advice again.

Pete was merely querying your spelling. :D
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 am

billwill wrote:
Bob wrote:I have been called a lot of thing but Shirley I never have been, but then I played with the boys in the forwards not the girls in the backs as you seem to have done. Suggest you read the advice again.

Pete was merely querying your spelling. :D

Never mind, Pete, some of us did appreciate the irony :)
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:55 am

Welcome elan6speed. Sounds interesting. A number here have done various transmission swaps, so looking forward to details. What box are you using? Pics allowed after about five posts.

ps

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley. :)
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 am

I guess this would be a bad time to mention the 351 V8 I fitted over the winter. :?:
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 am

now come on, we are getting silly here.... but I love it....
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: curly type 26 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Adigra is that a deezil ? or a multi fuel :lol:Curly
curly type 26
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: